Stalked by Yowies in Somersby Falls

This board is open for all matters and discussions pertaining to the Australian Yowie. Please keep on topic in this forum.
Post Reply
believepodcast
New Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:04 am

Stalked by Yowies in Somersby Falls

Unread post by believepodcast » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:56 pm

With a rich family history of Yowie encounters Sarah has had multiple run-ins with the mysterious creature. On a camping trip with her friend, Sarah encounters multiple yowies and was chased out of the Somersby Falls National Park in New South Wales.

Listen here: https://believepod.com/s9e6/

Love to hear your thoughts on this one everyone!

User avatar
Dion
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2055
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:44 pm
Position: Researcher
Location: Passing through the ethereal

Re: Stalked by Yowies in Somersby Falls

Unread post by Dion » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:29 am

It was good to hear Sarah's story again which has not changed from the time she told it to AYR.

I liked her comment also "Be careful what you wish for" not a truer word spoken.
“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.” - Nikola Tesla

User formally known as chewy

gregvalentine
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:42 pm
Position: Skeptic
Gender: Not Telling

Re: Stalked by Yowies in Somersby Falls

Unread post by gregvalentine » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:39 pm

believepodcast wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:56 pm
With a rich family history of Yowie encounters Sarah has had multiple run-ins with the mysterious creature. On a camping trip with her friend, Sarah encounters multiple yowies and was chased out of the Somersby Falls National Park in New South Wales.

Listen here: https://believepod.com/s9e6/

Love to hear your thoughts on this one everyone!
With all due respect, there is no such thing as the 'Somersby Falls National Park'. You mean Somersby Falls in the Brisbane Water National Park. It never hurts to get details correct.

User avatar
sensesonfire
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: Stalked by Yowies in Somersby Falls

Unread post by sensesonfire » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:35 am

gregvalentine wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:39 pm
believepodcast wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:56 pm
With a rich family history of Yowie encounters Sarah has had multiple run-ins with the mysterious creature. On a camping trip with her friend, Sarah encounters multiple yowies and was chased out of the Somersby Falls National Park in New South Wales.

Listen here: https://believepod.com/s9e6/

Love to hear your thoughts on this one everyone!
With all due respect, there is no such thing as the 'Somersby Falls National Park'. You mean Somersby Falls in the Brisbane Water National Park. It never hurts to get details correct.
Greg, maybe no National Park but there is a Somersby Falls in New South Wales (Central Coast) I haven't watched the podcast yet but maybe this is what they meant.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The human mind is only constrained by the barricades we put up. Set yourself free.

User avatar
sensesonfire
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Position: Paranormal Researcher
Location: Western Australia

Re: Stalked by Yowies in Somersby Falls

Unread post by sensesonfire » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:11 am

Greg just watched the podcast the River Bends National Park (Brisbane Water National Park)was mentioned so you are probably right.
The human mind is only constrained by the barricades we put up. Set yourself free.

User avatar
Pertys80
Silver Status
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 1:29 pm

Re: Stalked by Yowies in Somersby Falls

Unread post by Pertys80 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:02 am

Somersby falls definitely has that feel about it, heres a vid I made when I went there last year..

I'll be going back for further exploring, but next time on my Kayak from Mooney Mooney creek.. I'll be mostly fishing, but at the same time keeping my eyes peeled for any possible evidence.

User avatar
Dion
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2055
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:44 pm
Position: Researcher
Location: Passing through the ethereal

Re: Stalked by Yowies in Somersby Falls

Unread post by Dion » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:47 am

Gday Pertys80

Just watched your vid, great find with all those prints, it does make you wonder who lets their children swim in a creek in the middle of winter down stream well off the beaten track. That water would be freezing that time of year. I am with you and would most likely lean towards it being an odd occurrence.

I have been to the Somersby Falls a few times but I never ventured as far as you did. The last time I was at Somersby Falls I was trying to find a pathway to the Mooney Mooney Lower Dam Wall which is where I heard "a something" thrashing about in the scrub as if I had startled it. Unfortunately the only real way to Mooney Mooney Lower Dam Wall is to park your car off of Karool Rd and walk the hour and half along the Hawksbury Track to the Dam Wall. I believe there is another way in but are yet to find it.

Anyway there has been a report of a gorilla like creature seen by a group of people late at night up the Hawksbury Track past all the campsites. Once I heard about that report my ears pricked up because its in the same area as, or near as, to the Dam Wall where I heard all the thrashing going on.

In regards to Canoeing up Mooney Mooney Creek forget that try Floods Creek right next to it you may have a bit more luck.

Regards.
“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.” - Nikola Tesla

User formally known as chewy

User avatar
Pertys80
Silver Status
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 1:29 pm

Re: Stalked by Yowies in Somersby Falls

Unread post by Pertys80 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:35 am

Dion wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:47 am
Gday Pertys80

Just watched your vid, great find with all those prints, it does make you wonder who lets their children swim in a creek in the middle of winter down stream well off the beaten track. That water would be freezing that time of year. I am with you and would most likely lean towards it being an odd occurrence.

I have been to the Somersby Falls a few times but I never ventured as far as you did. The last time I was at Somersby Falls I was trying to find a pathway to the Mooney Mooney Lower Dam Wall which is where I heard "a something" thrashing about in the scrub as if I had startled it. Unfortunately the only real way to Mooney Mooney Lower Dam Wall is to park your car off of Karool Rd and walk the hour and half along the Hawksbury Track to the Dam Wall. I believe there is another way in but are yet to find it.

Anyway there has been a report of a gorilla like creature seen by a group of people late at night up the Hawksbury Track past all the campsites. Once I heard about that report my ears pricked up because its in the same area as, or near as, to the Dam Wall where I heard all the thrashing going on.

In regards to Canoeing up Mooney Mooney Creek forget that try Floods Creek right next to it you may have a bit more luck.

Regards.
Thanks Dion, yeah my plan is to head up Floods creek anyway.. I'll paddle up as far as I can, then walk the creek from there, any barefoot prints found down there would be well off the beaten track..
After listening to the podcast I was a little annoyed with the misleading headline, Strickland state forest is situated in a completely different catchment to Somersby falls (Floods Creek).
On the subject of Mooney Mooney creek, my neices boyfriend and his mate went as far as they could up stream on their tinny one day last year. When they pulled up they noticed knocks coming from both sides of the valkey around them. They also noticed opened mussels on the surrounding rocks, what bird or animal is capable of that?
IMG_5946(1).jpg
IMG_5945(1).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Dion
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2055
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:44 pm
Position: Researcher
Location: Passing through the ethereal

Re: Stalked by Yowies in Somersby Falls

Unread post by Dion » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:51 am

Pertys80 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:35 am
Thanks Dion, yeah my plan is to head up Floods creek anyway.. I'll paddle up as far as I can, then walk the creek from there, any barefoot prints found down there would be well off the beaten track..
Precisely there are no tracks anywhere near the bottom of floods creek, so if you do stumble upon any tracks you will know they are very unlikely to be human.
Pertys80 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:35 am
On the subject of Mooney Mooney creek, my neices boyfriend and his mate went as far as they could up stream on their tinny one day last year. When they pulled up they noticed knocks coming from both sides of the valkey around them. They also noticed opened mussels on the surrounding rocks, what bird or animal is capable of that?
Not quite sure as to what bird or animals can do that, not knowing the exact location of where they found the mussels, it would most probably be human, but I guess you cant rule out the other option either.

The Knocks are interesting.

Cheers.
“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.” - Nikola Tesla

User formally known as chewy

gregvalentine
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:42 pm
Position: Skeptic
Gender: Not Telling

Re: Stalked by Yowies in Somersby Falls

Unread post by gregvalentine » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:30 pm

sensesonfire wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:35 am
Greg, maybe no National Park but there is a Somersby Falls in New South Wales (Central Coast) I haven't watched the podcast yet but maybe this is what they meant.
That IS the Somersby Falls I was referring to - in Brisbane Water NP on the Central Coast!

Post Reply