Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

This board is open for discussion on the Australian Yowie, Bigfoot, Yeti & Sasquatch. Please keep on topic in this forum.
User avatar
BillTheCat
Bronze Status
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:10 pm
Position: UFO Chaser
Location: Rural estate south of Canberra

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by BillTheCat » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:52 pm

Hi there YL1,

Ummm.... It seems like you've made up your mind. So why are you asking permission?

Hope your back and your PC are on the mend.

Best wishes
There's always someone cleverer than yourself. Always!

User avatar
iwanttobelieve
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:32 am
Location: Darwin

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by iwanttobelieve » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:32 pm

Yowielover1 wrote:
anonimust wrote:Since that statement of mine there have been concerns put forward by other team members about what has been said. I will not disrespect their wishes in this matter.

I will say it again for those with hearing impediments - you do not need to hear anything that has nothing to do with the incident or aftermath.

Fair enough I reckon.

Look forward to hearing the relevant audio.

Cheers.
Image

Your sacred space is where you can find yourself again and again.

User avatar
Yowielover1
Banished User
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:56 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Yowielover1 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:37 pm

Thanks for understanding guys.

Will do my best when we (puter n myself) are back together in a workable state.

8)
Let the skeptic move in their smaller world - before I knew I did not have a clue.

forestguy
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 846
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:29 pm
Position: Researcher
Location: Brisbane, Queensland

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by forestguy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:56 pm

Yowielover1 wrote:
Dean Harrison wrote:Heres an idea Neil......

How about playing an *UN* edited clip from 2 mins prior to my first radio patch regarding the Sulphur to 3 mins AFTER you guys left the camp. Totally *UN* touched and *UN*adulterated - swear words and all........

I think that is what we all want to hear!

DMH
That would be unfair to the group because that does not contain the elements of distorted fact that I believe the group would be interested in.
Hey YL1 - this comment of yours confused me, I'm not sure how the 5 mins of audio surrounding the incident unedited would be unfair to us? Are you saying there's something else we need to hear? If that's what you're intimating please just come out and say it.

Also, going back to the night itself, did you take your night vision gear etc up when Dean radioed in? I assume you would have had it close to hand?
"What is reported is different to what is remembered which is different to what was seen which is different to what was present."

User avatar
Dean Harrison
AYR Webmaster
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:20 am
Position: Field Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
Location: Australia Wide
Contact:

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Dean Harrison » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:26 pm

To be fair to those involved, perhaps just 15 seconds prior to my first patch pertaining to Sulphur to 2 min post leaving the camp totally un edited (including language - warts and all), would suffice. (When your feeling better Neil).

DMH
The closure of people's minds, understandings and boundaries are subject to either current environmental pressures brewed by ignorance or insecurities sculptured by pre-environmental education whereby they know no better - Dean Harrison

User avatar
lil foot
Silver Status
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:14 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast
Location: melbourne, australia

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by lil foot » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:51 pm

australiasecrets wrote:Should get back to that exact spot asap if something is around.
exactly what ive been thinking for weeks a.s.
if its such a hot spot, then it wont be hard to prove, when done the right way, then we can all kiss and makeup (rad)
ON THE OCCASION WHEN IM NOT WRONG, IM ALWAYS RIGHT!

User avatar
Dean Harrison
AYR Webmaster
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:20 am
Position: Field Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
Location: Australia Wide
Contact:

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Dean Harrison » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:00 pm

Hey Lil',

More of us will be back there in a few Weeks including Myself and Lasso.

DMH
The closure of people's minds, understandings and boundaries are subject to either current environmental pressures brewed by ignorance or insecurities sculptured by pre-environmental education whereby they know no better - Dean Harrison

User avatar
Marivs
New Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Marivs » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:43 pm

Dean Harrison wrote:Someone asked what kind of Sulphur it smelt like. How would I know? I'm not a Sulphurtologist. It smelt like rotten eggs.

DMH
That was me, Dean.
Marivs wrote: What kind of sulfur was it?
Like a freshly struck match, or hydrogen sulphide (rotten eggs).
Sulfur dioxide, which I doubt it would be, is intensely unpleasant, with watering eyes and a burning throat. This is found in nature, but mostly in areas that are high in volcanism.
If it smelt like rotten eggs, then the most likely culprit is H2S (Hydrogen Sulfide).

I'm sorry that you seem to think the question trivial.

Is there some alleged connection between the smell and the yowie? Yowie farts? Hydrogen sulfide is a component of flatulence, along with many other gases. Is that the link that you are trying to make?
Si hoc non legere potes tu asinus es
Image

User avatar
_Daniel_
Bronze Status
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:50 pm
Position: Field Researcher
Location: SE QLD

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by _Daniel_ » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:06 pm

YL1,
Not sure why you're being so aggressive... i thought i was just agreeing with the general concensus (everyone) of the board... i know i don't want to sit there and listen to 7 hours of sounds files, that's why i agreed with Dean when he said this...
Dean Harrison wrote:To be fair to those involved, perhaps just 15 seconds prior to my first patch pertaining to Sulphur to 2 min post leaving the camp totally un edited (including language - warts and all), would suffice. (When your feeling better Neil).

DMH
Also wouldn't mind knowing what the elements of distorted fact are that you believe the group would be interested in...
To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says:"Leave no stone unturned."
Edward Bulwer Lytton

User avatar
BillTheCat
Bronze Status
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:10 pm
Position: UFO Chaser
Location: Rural estate south of Canberra

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by BillTheCat » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:47 pm

Marivs wrote:
Dean Harrison wrote:Someone asked what kind of Sulphur it smelt like. How would I know? I'm not a Sulphurtologist. It smelt like rotten eggs.

DMH
That was me, Dean.
Marivs wrote: What kind of sulfur was it?
Like a freshly struck match, or hydrogen sulphide (rotten eggs).
Sulfur dioxide, which I doubt it would be, is intensely unpleasant, with watering eyes and a burning throat. This is found in nature, but mostly in areas that are high in volcanism.
If it smelt like rotten eggs, then the most likely culprit is H2S (Hydrogen Sulfide).
Some interesting facts about Hydrogen Sulfide from the Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts.

Sources of emissions
Industry sources
Potential large emitters of hydrogen sulfide are electric power plants (burning coal or fuel oil containing sulfur), oil and gas extraction operations, oil refineries, pulp and paper mills, sewage treatment plants, large pig farms and other confined animal feeding operations, Portland cement kilns, municipal waste landfills, coke ovens, sulfur products and hydrogen sulfide production, asphalt production and storage and geothermal power plants. Most hydrogen sulfide releases are to the air.

Diffuse sources, and industry sources included in diffuse emissions data
Other potential emitters of hydrogen sulfide are breweries, fertiliser producers, glue manufacturers, processing of ores (Lead, gold, and copper) and sugar beet and sugar cane processing.

Natural sources
Hydrogen sulfide is found in coal pits, volcanic gases, natural gas wells, sulfur springs, and decaying organic matter which contains sulfur.

Transport sources
Found in car exhaust.

Consumer products that may contain hydrogen sulfide
It is not believed that there are any consumer products that contain hydrogen sulfide. Some consumer products may release hydrogen sulfide, such as septic tanks and the burning of coal or oil.


Full fact sheet can be found at:

http://www.npi.gov.au/database/substanc ... es/49.html
There's always someone cleverer than yourself. Always!

User avatar
Yowielover1
Banished User
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:56 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Yowielover1 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:52 pm

anonimust wrote:YL1,
Not sure why you're being so aggressive... i thought i was just agreeing with the general concensus (everyone) of the board... i know i don't want to sit there and listen to 7 hours of sounds files, that's why i agreed with Dean when he said this...
Dean Harrison wrote:To be fair to those involved, perhaps just 15 seconds prior to my first patch pertaining to Sulphur to 2 min post leaving the camp totally un edited (including language - warts and all), would suffice. (When your feeling better Neil).

DMH
Also wouldn't mind knowing what the elements of distorted fact are that you believe the group would be interested in...

Sorry Anonimust,

i didnt mean to seem aggressive. With this level of pain and doping my first thought at your response was "another damn question to answer" Imagine someone put a red hot coal in the base of your spine. its not and excuse, just a reason - and having been this way forr so long I don't have much tolerance.

I will try to curb my writing so other frustration does not enter in future....sorry

:roll:
Let the skeptic move in their smaller world - before I knew I did not have a clue.

Seeker2
Approved Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:44 pm

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Seeker2 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:57 pm

Hi all,

I have heard all of the sound file and there are a lot of places where you just hear close and far away crickets, and for the one who asked if everything went quiet when the incident occured, no...the crickets just got louder as a result of the yelling, running around and such.

There is very much on the tape that has no relation to the described event that sounds like we are all just having a good time with mates in the bush.

I propose that as Dean stated, a file is put up 15 seconds prior to his first patch pertaining to Sulphurr to two mins after the guys went to the rescue, although I think we should bleep any swears for the kiddies that may view this site......and see how that goes for a start.

Then if need be, an edited version of what happened afterwards, minus the silence, crickets and non pertaining conversation can be put up and Joe with his very even minded character can be given a full version of the tape without the editing to verify that nothing pertinent to the event was left out.

I dunno, just an idea.

What do you all think?

I still cannot log on as Seeker???? Perhaps you can give me a little help Chewy as I know you are some sort of genious at sorting things like this out?

All the best,

Seeker.

Truth or love is that which is the only constant in the entire universe. The different views of the terestrial and other inhabitants of the universe are mostly just that, views....interpretations....Conclusions. Views come as a result of experience or exposure and the best interpretation by any being doing the same. But the truth of all things remains unchanged and unblemished irrespective of the views put forward regarding it. What happens, happens, and there is a common higher and true view to all things at any one time, irrespective of what any of us try to decerne and decide or desribe as being that truth. Our views or positions are stated but we are all veiwng only portions of events rather than the event in the whole due to our own predelictions, experiences and conclusions made by our own conclusions of what we have decided in the past about an event, person or thing. As a result many conclude things with an imbalanced view because of these predilictions and consider themselves right in doing so as the reasons they conclude are always only what they appear to know or have had exposure to....Again an imbalanced view.

Truth is a protector of those that adhere to it and falsehood is like a rubberband that has to snap back to truth in time. It is like tension seeking resolution. There is a constant in this Universe that many fail to observe and as a result they are plunged into discontent. At the end of the day....If you do bad, you feel bad, not a hard lesson to learn but many struggle with it. It even applies to thought word or deed..........

We all have to answer to the book that records all our doings, and then we have to repeat the lessons no matter how fine and intricate. Nothing is lost and nothing is missed. We are all watched like hawks by the one that has and will continue to motivate the entire material and non material universe.

We punnish ourselves by our own doings, he or she who watches us, just watches. At the end of the day, we are all in the s--t if we do wrong, no matter how small that wrong may be.

Just something worth thinking about....

Seeker (cool)

User avatar
Yowielover1
Banished User
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:56 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Yowielover1 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:09 pm

forestguy wrote:
Hey YL1 - this comment of yours confused me, I'm not sure how the 5 mins of audio surrounding the incident unedited would be unfair to us? Are you saying there's something else we need to hear? If that's what you're intimating please just come out and say it.

Also, going back to the night itself, did you take your night vision gear etc up when Dean radioed in? I assume you would have had it close to hand?

Sorry I missed your post...

No I didnt take NV gear up at that time...it was raining a bit and its not waterproof.

It would be irresponsible for me to state any conflicting facts right now with the immediate audio to back it up. When I can do it I will. I hope that is soon - i really dont feel up to it at the moment.

:(
Let the skeptic move in their smaller world - before I knew I did not have a clue.

TWMcCallum
New Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:05 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by TWMcCallum » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:32 pm

Dean this is what I think needs to happen in this situation;
o You need to admit that you believe what you claim happened, but that you have absolutely no corroborative evidence to support your claim.
o The evidence that you do have either does not fully corroborate your claim or undermines it.
o If you play the full audio, and it makes you sound drunk, then you are probably best not to play it.
o Forget trying to convince anybody that does not believe you.
o First chance you get go back to the spot and set up a more supported encounter. This evidence will then support your original story
o If all of the above are out of the question, refer to dot point 1.
o Stop posting replies in blue, us old farts can’t read them cause our eyes are stuffed. (eek)
TWMc

stickyfingers

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by stickyfingers » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:41 pm

Seeker2 wrote:Hi all,

I have heard all of the sound file and there are a lot of places where you just hear close and far away crickets, and for the one who asked if everything went quiet when the incident occured, no...the crickets just got louder as a result of the yelling, running around and such.

There is very much on the tape that has no relation to the described event that sounds like we are all just having a good time with mates in the bush.

I propose that as Dean stated, a file is put up 15 seconds prior to his first patch pertaining to Sulphurr to two mins after the guys went to the rescue, although I think we should bleep any swears for the kiddies that may view this site......and see how that goes for a start.

Then if need be, an edited version of what happened afterwards, minus the silence, crickets and non pertaining conversation can be put up and Joe with his very even minded character can be given a full version of the tape without the editing to verify that nothing pertinent to the event was left out.

I dunno, just an idea.

What do you all think?

Seeker (cool)
...sounds like a plan... a good one at that... for the life of me I cannot understand why anybody would want to sit through 7 hours of garbled pisstalk just to hear a few minutes of relevant tape with all the action on it? (eek) ... surely people can't be serious in saying to post the whole 7 hours (scared) ... isn't it enough that 2 poor souls have had to do that already???... I'm pretty sure that both sides... sceptics and believers... have no doubt already made up their minds as to whether Dean's recollection of the events and subsequent actions and reports of the base team is true or not??... why prolong the agony?... just post the relevant audio and let us finally make what we want of it and put this entire thing to rest eh???...

... if there is nothing else that has come out of this... at least the researchers out in the field now know what NOT to do!!!... they will now know the relevence of the amount of alcohol consumption on field trips... wandering out alone into darkness... realising the amazing ability of sound recording equipment in picking up EVERYTHING that is spoken while drunk... the importance of not pre-empting reports with tantalising teasers... the importance of writing a detailed professional report minus any emotion within the reports... (Joe... brilliant job by the way mate)... concise diagrams and photos of all the surroundings... and most importantly... a very detailed de-briefing afterwards to crosscheck all details fully agreed upon by all members involved...

...I see it that this whole episode before... during... and after the event should be put down to one ginormous learning curve for all parties involved... ranging from the people researching out in the field... to the people reporting the event... to the people placing their opinions into the forums... (sceptics and believers alike)... through to the Admins and Moderators continueing to carry on the rather arduous task of running the forums with new ideas to keep the forums robust and interesting!!!...

... seriously people... we all need to learn from this... (myself included)... as a good friend of mine says... PEACE BROTHERS !!!! ... (sorry about the capitals my friend)... and YowieLover1... I hope your back gets better soon... my final thoughts?... just post the main parts of the audio recordings... I do have a life... listening to 7 hours of audio tape is not part of that!!! (rad) ... cheers... Stickyfingers. (cool) (happy) (jest)

User avatar
Marivs
New Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Marivs » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:08 pm

Even when this audio makes an actual appearance, in whatever form it might be, its evidence value is still low.
I still wouldn't mind hearing it, however. But if I don't,.... meh.
All it is evidence of is a recorder that performs its designed task.
It cannot in any way be used to describe what was making the sounds it recorded.
An analogy would be if I sit here making whale noises into a recorder (which am want to do on occasion. Who isn't?) then tried to pass the recording off as the real thing. Sure it may sound like a whale, and as I am a very good cetacean impersonator, you would be hard pressed to tell it form the real deal.
It isn't though.

Before anyone gets antsy, thats not what I an suggesting is the case here. I am just highlighting the issues with unverifiable recordings.
Si hoc non legere potes tu asinus es
Image

User avatar
Yowielover1
Banished User
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:56 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Yowielover1 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:35 pm

Marivs wrote:Even when this audio makes an actual appearance, in whatever form it might be, its evidence value is still low.
I still wouldn't mind hearing it, however. But if I don't,.... meh.
All it is evidence of is a recorder that performs its designed task.
It cannot in any way be used to describe what was making the sounds it recorded.
An analogy would be if I sit here making whale noises into a recorder (which am want to do on occasion. Who isn't?) then tried to pass the recording off as the real thing. Sure it may sound like a whale, and as I am a very good cetacean impersonator, you would be hard pressed to tell it form the real deal.
It isn't though.

Before anyone gets antsy, thats not what I an suggesting is the case here. I am just highlighting the issues with unverifiable recordings.
Marius...I would like to confirm here that there are no sounds of a Yowie attacking on the recording. The occaisional brush pop of footsteps is heard in various parts but that cannot be verified as a Yowie at all though those in the area and myself would describe them as bipedal footsteps at the time. The bionic ear was pointed in one direction only and not moved to the direction of the steps. The purpose of the recording is to keep the 'story' posted honest. When I am in a useful condition I will supply that to the forum for scrutiny.

Do not in any way assume from your comfortable position that we did not hear bipedal foot steps at all. To do that would be classed by those with experience as confrontational.

You were not there.

If you'd like to experience something, get to it.
Let the skeptic move in their smaller world - before I knew I did not have a clue.

User avatar
Marivs
New Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Marivs » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:01 am

Yowielover1 wrote:
Marivs wrote:
Do not in any way assume from your comfortable position that we did not hear bipedal foot steps at all. To do that would be classed by those with experience as confrontational.

You were not there.

If you'd like to experience something, get to it.
No need to get personal.
My opinion of the value of any audio in no way reflects the "comfort" of my position, my whereabouts at the time of the recording, or my desires for "experience".
Si hoc non legere potes tu asinus es
Image

MrHead181
Silver Status
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:33 pm

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by MrHead181 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:47 am

WOW guys, this has got out of hand. Sometimes you have to learn to agree to disagree.
What ever happened????Something happened,what, who knows. This board used to be a fun place, where people could have a opinion. Oh well that's human nature.
Yowies are real, people are fake.
Tony

User avatar
bush baby
Silver Status
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:04 pm

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by bush baby » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:01 pm

I totally agree tony get over the shouting game and get on with it.
All this c**p is making everbody Aggro for no reason at all. Come on guys we need to stick together.

User avatar
Yowielover1
Banished User
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:56 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Yowielover1 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:56 pm

MrHead181 wrote:WOW guys, this has got out of hand. Sometimes you have to learn to agree to disagree.
What ever happened????Something happened,what, who knows. This board used to be a fun place, where people could have a opinion. Oh well that's human nature.
Its still fun...even though this has nothing to do with anything I'm sure you will enjoy it :lol:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=D4tZRZSGxcE

8)
Let the skeptic move in their smaller world - before I knew I did not have a clue.

User avatar
Dion
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:44 pm
Position: Paranormal and Cryptozoology Researcher
Location: Passing through the ethereal

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Dion » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:20 pm

Yowielover1 wrote:Its still fun...even though this has nothing to do with anything I'm sure you will enjoy it :lol:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=D4tZRZSGxcE

8)
YL1 your right that has nothing to do with anything :lol:

But does show what editing can do that’s why I would like to hear Deans incident in whole unedited. (poke tongues) 8)
“ It is stated because my studies have lead me to think that these creatures could very well be a diluted remnant of the Nephilim. ”- Ron Morehead

User formally known as chewy

forestguy
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 846
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:29 pm
Position: Researcher
Location: Brisbane, Queensland

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by forestguy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:48 pm

Yowielover1 wrote:
Sorry I missed your post...

No I didnt take NV gear up at that time...it was raining a bit and its not waterproof.

It would be irresponsible for me to state any conflicting facts right now with the immediate audio to back it up. When I can do it I will. I hope that is soon - i really dont feel up to it at the moment.

:(
No worries - glad we've all come to a bit of a consensus (I think). Hope you feel better mate.
"What is reported is different to what is remembered which is different to what was seen which is different to what was present."

User avatar
Yowielover1
Banished User
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:56 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Yowielover1 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:01 pm

Chewy wrote:
Yowielover1 wrote:Its still fun...even though this has nothing to do with anything I'm sure you will enjoy it :lol:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=D4tZRZSGxcE

8)
YL1 your right that has nothing to do with anything :lol:

But does show what editing can do that’s why I would like to hear Deans incident in whole unedited. (poke tongues) 8)
Reading my other post about it again will explain the reasons to you quite clearly. I am not in any way going to change the order of anything said or make a song about it. Unless of course people want a song. :lol:
Let the skeptic move in their smaller world - before I knew I did not have a clue.

User avatar
Dean Harrison
AYR Webmaster
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:20 am
Position: Field Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
Location: Australia Wide
Contact:

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Dean Harrison » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:06 am

Why did you go up there alone?

Answer: Because that is what I have always done. Many of us do it to get away from the noise of the base camp and listen to the bush noises.

Why didn't the Parabolic pick up on the "attack"?

Answer: It made no vocals as it ran down the hill at me (which I stated from the beginning).

It picked up on a few of the steps, but other than that there was not much to hear other than me yelling.

Plus with all the noise of me yelling the entire time while as it was racing towards me, there is no way the parabolic would have picked up on anything else. My voice and yelling the whole time would easily have masked anything.......

They also had the radio blasting back at base right next to the parabolic, plus people talking beside it, so how is it supposed to pick up on steps 100m - 150m away through the bush when there is loud constant noise going on right next to the mic????? My radio was basting right next to it! That doesn't make any sense......... I've listened to a part of it and the only clarity is my voice because of the radio and talking. Certainly not silence picking up on bush noises - way too much comotion, way too close to the receiver.

Anyone who knows anything about receivers would know that’s almost an impossibility listen with clarity out yonder when there is so much loud noise next to the receiver. It clouds distant noises out - obviously.

On that basis alone its unreasonable to consider the parabolic would have had clear audio at all with all that close loud noise beside it.

It did pick up on me yelling, but I was louder than anything else around me! Darn thing could have clubbed me and the parabolic wouldn't have picked up on it over my vocals and the radio blasting back at base. There was enough background noise to drown ANYTHING out. Not that IT made ANY noise in the first place other than running at me, as I have stated right from the beginning. I made enough noise for both of us! On this basis, I believe is fair to say the audio would be somewhat inconclusive.........

Why didn't you call for help?

Answer: That’s what I yelling about.

If you were attacked, where is the bruising?

I fully documented the injuries with photographs, which everyone has seen.

Why didn't you take a picture?

Answer: Grow up. Think about it.

Why didn't you all pursue it?

Answer: We did.

Why didn't anyone see it?

Answer: We did.

Why didn’t anyone get a picture then?

Answer: I don’t recall it raining at that time. I have no answer other than none of us had a camera on us. Cheap response I know. I guess nobody was prepared. In hindsight, someone should have raced back to camp and got one.

DMH
The closure of people's minds, understandings and boundaries are subject to either current environmental pressures brewed by ignorance or insecurities sculptured by pre-environmental education whereby they know no better - Dean Harrison

User avatar
Strange2
Silver Status
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:40 pm
Position: I'm with stupid....
Location: Yowie Country

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Strange2 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:28 pm

Dean, I don't know why you wast your time or effort answering..You know as well as anyone. No mater what answers you do have, it will never satisfy... Don't get sucked into the continual baiting. They only have one objective and it isn't asking legitimate questions. After continually reading the same "BS" from some individuals and not just in this thread. Continually trying to bait into an argument...To me it is utterly pointless, but to them? only they would know...

I put skeptics in the same category as religious nuts. They come and knock at the door when you don't expect, soon as the pleasantries are over they pull out the Jehovah books and start forcing their beliefs down your throat, weather you ask for it our not. You can try and politely ask them to go, but in the end you have to tell them to f@## off...Yes, you can ignore the "BS" as most of us do (Strange2 sticks his head in the sand again), but you can only do it for so long.....


SOME FORUM TACTICS...

1. Get Friendly - Always refer to his/her first name. Your messages will seem warm and friendly, despite the rabid ferocity of their content. Continually try and lay down the bait wait for somebody to bit....

2. Picky! Picky! - Criticising spelling or grammar will make you look pedantic. Far better to deliberately misread a message, then follow-up with an utterly incongruous statement.

3. Be selective - Selective editing is a good way to avoid engaging with better arguments. Simply delete that intelligent, pointed question. Should your opponent post something like "I'm sorry but you're talking "BS", snip everything but the first two words then graciously accept his apology.

4. There's lots of you - Always refer to yourself in the plural, as though you are speaking on behalf of every one: "all we are trying to say is..." sounds much more pompous than "all I am trying to say is...". When other people join in the thread, the rules are simple: if they side with you, follow-up immediately and enthusiastically, congratulating them on their courage; if they side with your opponent, ignore the tossers.

5. One step ahead - Pre-empt all replies. Tell your opponent that you know exactly how he or she is going to respond to your message because you've seen it all before. List all potential counter-arguments to your position and invite your opponent to choose one.

6. Bamboozle with links - Insisting that there's more than enough evidence contained in the 50+ linked sites to crush any counter argument. Ensure you keep the references vague and preferably link to pages that are stuffed full of even more links. If your enemy can't find the evidence they're demanding, blame them for their lack of research skills - after all, you've already provided them with ample resources.

7. I didn't say that! - Never apologise for anything, ever.

8. Play dirty

And don't drink and post like I just have you only get your self in the s#@t...lol
A wise man once said, 'I complained that I had no shoes unti­l I met a man who had no feet.'

stickyfingers

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by stickyfingers » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:03 am

3. Be selective - Selective editing is a good way to avoid engaging with better arguments. Simply delete that intelligent, pointed question. Should your opponent post something like "I'm sorry but you're talking "BS", snip everything but the first two words then graciously accept his apology.
...all I can say to that Strange is... (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) ... cheers... Stickyfingers. (cool) (happy) (jest)

User avatar
iwanttobelieve
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:32 am
Location: Darwin

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by iwanttobelieve » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:16 am

Strange2 wrote:And don't drink and post like I just have you only get your self in the s#@t...lol
You got that right.

It's amazing how alcohol promotes free and uninhibited writing.

Maybe I should go on a 6 month bender and write a book!

(cheers) (cheers) (cheers)

(cool)
Image

Your sacred space is where you can find yourself again and again.

User avatar
Yowielover1
Banished User
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:56 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Yowielover1 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:35 am

deleted my post...it seems someone replaced it...or it found its place again on the web...it was a reference to Mod Gods post.

8)
Let the skeptic move in their smaller world - before I knew I did not have a clue.

topender
Forum Moderator
Posts: 629
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:42 pm
Position: Field Researcher
Location: The wilds of northern territory

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by topender » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:33 pm

My My this thread is becoming a book, i think it is a sensible tactic to encourage a skeptic or 2 to accompany on trips like this, this provides a balance of views and lets face it most people like camping, the skeptic can simply sit back and observe events that unfold and look at events and evidence in an objective manner.
Now if the skeptics are truly interested in debunking this issue, then they will JUMP at the chance to attend a trip....how does it go " put up or shut up".
I too am very serious about my trips but do not take anything on face value...objective objective.
ps: just got back from the lovely blue mountains..Katoomba, Leura, Wentworth falls...man if i lived there id be out every single bloody weekend.
pss: Thougherly enjoyed a beer with Sticky and AussieTrev

cheers
This planet is a one big farm, we are not the farmers but the stock

Locked