Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

This board is open for discussion on the Australian Yowie, Bigfoot, Yeti & Sasquatch. Please keep on topic in this forum.
User avatar
bush baby
Silver Status
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:04 pm

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by bush baby » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:51 am

Hi Guys personaly speaking i take my hat off to these guys AYH Hunters, thay are a no B/S Team who get in and get there hands dirty in hope of one day to get that elusive photo. I myself are putting a small Expedition together in March heading into the Table Lands road area. If we can be even close the professionalism that AYH does each and every time they go out we will be doing just fine.
Again all my best to you guys and dont worry about those skeptics hopefully one day those guys will get off there bums and find the truth out for them selfs......

Night Walker

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Night Walker » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:57 pm

Just to be clear: I am a fellow "fruit-loop" and proudly so.

(thumb up)

User avatar
lil foot
Silver Status
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:14 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast
Location: melbourne, australia

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by lil foot » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:12 pm

Shar*Chi wrote:Hate to point out the obvious again, but the very last thing the yowies need are clear photographic (or video) proof of their existence & their whereabouts.

Enjoyed the accounts, thanks AYR field squad.
sorry shar but i totally disagree with you there, especially knowing the plight of some of our icon animals lately.
the tassie devil and koala are facing extinction due to diseases caused by imbreeding and lack of variation in dna, this is because their habitat has shrunk thanks to us, and this is just the high profile animals, there are many more. so as for the yowie how do we know what pressures we are putting on them by dividing up there range? are they imbreeding already? by the evidence gathered already, by way of footprints with 3 toes to 6, and deformed prints it seems that this is already happening. theres so much we dont know and if we just let it go maybe it will be too late for the yowie, as for the devil and koala at least have our support now with science and money, the yowie is on its own.
ON THE OCCASION WHEN IM NOT WRONG, IM ALWAYS RIGHT!

User avatar
Shazzoir
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 895
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:40 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast
Gender: Female
Location: Brisbane, Qld

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Shazzoir » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:22 pm

Amen to that, NightWalker!

I'm a wee bit eccentric, am unfashionable, have loads of nerdy hobbies, like my own company, dislike the media and like discussing all of the above with like-minded people on the internet all over the world. I guess that makes me a fruit loop too, but you know what? I reckon I'm in excellent company, and I really don't give a tinker's cuss about people who think I'm strange. I AM strange, and that's it! (woot)

Deans Response: Thanks guys

Shazz
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Dr. Carl Sagan

Shar*Chi
Bronze Status
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 6:30 pm

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Shar*Chi » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:09 pm

lil foot, happy to agree to disagree here :)

User avatar
Yeti
Bronze Status
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:02 am

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Yeti » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:35 pm

You are all aware of my outlook on this so called incident, I just can't believe that there are so many broadminded people on this forum that take this fairy tale as fact.
I haven't been posting on here for a while and thought I'd join in to see what was happening, and finally the report of the incident. Thanks Joe.
I have read ever post about this topic and it would appear I'm not alone in my views.
And yes I was right the forum has picked up since the incident, what a shame

onthefence
Approved Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:20 pm

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by onthefence » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:52 pm

I have been following this site for a few years now.

So I have read all the reports/field trips.

Some questions I have for those that were there?

1) In perspective to the surroundings how tall was the creature?

Deans Response: It can only be a guess due to the darkness, no Moon, heavy cloud cover, tree'd location and speed of the creature. I was hit somewhere around the chest region and despite a few claims that I was tossed 12ft "UP" into the air, I stated I was hit "threw" the air backwards somewhere between 6 - 12ft and landed on Granite. I did not have time to analyse, as my life was at risk and self preservation was my main priority - not to sit back and ask it to stand before me while I listed and soaked in it's dimentions. I was running backwards at the time yelling on the radio. Next thing I knew, I got hit heavily (by what part of its body, I simply do not know). You have to go through it to understand what I'm saying.

2) Dean has not replied at all to valid questions?

Deans Response: Dean has been offline waiting for certain people to settle. Last thing I wish for is a mud fight, and ESPECAILLY being dragged into one. It was a big event for me and I don't need it to be tarnished by people behaving irrationally.

3) When throwing punches and kicks did Dean feel any contact?

Deans Response: All I know is that I had this fellow over the top of me. Radio clasp in my left, throwing woolly hay makers with my right, back arched and kicking both legs as high as I could in the air trying to keep it away. At one stage I believe I connected a first, to what I do not know. I was rocking from side to side yelling in the radio for back up at the time not knowing what the heck I was doing. The objective was to get the guys there in time and I made no effort to lay back and take a good long look at it. I was far too irrational. Again, you had to be there to experience it.


4) When the others reported the eyeshine and called to the others? Would I be correct by the description that the creature was caught in an area bounded by the track and the stream? The why did no-one take the initiative to attempt to drive the creature over the track to waiting photographer?

Deans Response: Sounds Grand in theory, however if we could steer them like Sheep they would have all been caught by now. They make their own rules and know the area like the back of their hands. We do not have their vision or knowledge of the surroundings - just a few guys trying to keep pace with it. In regards to a Photographer, sorry but I did not hire one on this trip. This time for me, I was simply on holidays catching up with friends. I would hardly call it a full blown operation, as I did not have my team. The team never sat at base - everyone was out in their places for the entire night and we had backup plans.

5) Why did the group retreat when they had the creature in sight? Safety in numbers?

Deans Response: I can clearly state for myself, I was definitely not in a clear state of mind. Myself and Mikka were certain there were caves below. We sat there and watched it watching us when YL1 and Joe returned to base to get Lasso

6) Could Dean have been tasered by a nervous dope grower as the area described is perfect for that activity. I am lead to believe that some crims are using tasers to stun and then beat rivals?

Deans Response: Must of been the case eh! No Taser marks on me unfortunately. No grazing to the palms of my hands from falling. Just bruising to my body - heavy bruising. The pace of which I was hit, was basically the same pace as it did all the way down the hill at me. It did not slow down. That was the scariest part. It had direct intention. Hey, it could have come at me from 50m or more for all I know. I'm being honest here. I don't have all the answers. Day after day I would pick up on little things afterwards. Was it 6ft or 12ft or somewhere in between that I was sent backwards? I didn't have a tape measure on me at the time, nor the mind set to consider, however I can say that it was a long way back. It was like being hit by a train.

I am being a balanced observer and for the credibility of the people involved I invite Dean to answer the questions to quell doubt on some of the actions that night.

Deans Response: I understand. It's STILL rolling through MY head also!

User avatar
Yeti
Bronze Status
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:02 am

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Yeti » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:04 pm

The truth of the matter is you won't get any direct answers, Why because there isn't any answers.
The best thing for this so called incident, is for it to dissappear and never be mentioned again. Surely this rates better than the Georga boys freezer escapade and look where it got them.
If this forum is to survive and be credible all parties associated with the incident should come clean and tell the facts as they are.
This could be a great forum but for me its on its way out.
As for me voicing my opinion, hey thats me but I tell the story how it is with out the glitz and the glammer.

User avatar
_Daniel_
Bronze Status
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:50 pm
Position: Field Researcher
Location: SE QLD

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by _Daniel_ » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:11 pm

Yeti wrote: As for me voicing my opinion, hey thats me but I tell the story how it is with out the glitz and the glammer.
No you don't, you tell it how you see it, which is usually rather distorted.
To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says:"Leave no stone unturned."
Edward Bulwer Lytton

User avatar
Yeti
Bronze Status
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:02 am

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Yeti » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:22 pm

anonimust wrote:
Yeti wrote: As for me voicing my opinion, hey thats me but I tell the story how it is with out the glitz and the glammer.
No you don't, you tell it how you see it, which is usually rather distorted.
I'd get my facts right if I were you, I'm not sure on what your problem is with me but you need to address it. PM me

When and if Dean actually comes out with the TRUE facts and Joe, Seeker, Yowie Lover can back them up, all well and good but when Dean doesn't attempt to answer legitimate questions most people can speculate as to why. Have you read some of the posts on this topic, the majority doubt that it existed and yet here you are backing the story, Why!!!
Seriously, I'm over the c**p why can't the forum get down to some decent research and get on with the job at hand, we are here to help each other out and thats the bottom line.

User avatar
_Daniel_
Bronze Status
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:50 pm
Position: Field Researcher
Location: SE QLD

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by _Daniel_ » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:18 pm

I don't have a problem with you personally and i'm certainly not backing up the story as i am in no position to do so... however i think the way that you go about attacking the character of fellow researchers is unfair. I couldn't agree more when you say;
Yeti wrote:we are here to help each other out and thats the bottom line.
But you are not doing that at all. In fact, you are basically calling the AYR team a pack of liars. Okay, fair enough, Dean certainly has to answer some questions in order for his credibility to remain in tact, and for now, that leaves you with the right to speculate as to the legitamacy of his claims. However, the truth of the matter is that noone has proof of the yowies existance, and that includes you. When people question you in the same way as you are questioning Dean, it often leads to your response getting you banned from whatever forum it may be....
Please do not get me wrong Paul, i have a lot of respect for what you have acheived in this feild over several years, but the question that needs to be asked is why would you expect me to believe your sightings but not Dean's?
Anonimust.
To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says:"Leave no stone unturned."
Edward Bulwer Lytton

User avatar
Yeti
Bronze Status
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:02 am

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Yeti » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:31 pm

anonimust wrote:I don't have a problem with you personally and i'm certainly not backing up the story as i am in no position to do so... however i think the way that you go about attacking the character of fellow researchers is unfair. I couldn't agree more when you say;
Yeti wrote:we are here to help each other out and thats the bottom line.
But you are not doing that at all. In fact, you are basically calling the AYR team a pack of liars. Okay, fair enough, Dean certainly has to answer some questions in order for his credibility to remain in tact, and for now, that leaves you with the right to speculate as to the legitamacy of his claims. However, the truth of the matter is that noone has proof of the yowies existance, and that includes you. When people question you in the same way as you are questioning Dean, it often leads to your response getting you banned from whatever forum it may be....
Please do not get me wrong Paul, i have a lot of respect for what you have acheived in this feild over several years, but the question that needs to be asked is why would you expect me to believe your sightings but not Dean's?
Anonimust.
Ok thats fine, I wasn't attacking the AYR team as a group I was only questioning the actual incident when there should have been some physical evidence to substantiate the claim (blood, hair)
Don't get me wrong I have a lot of respect for the AYR researchers and anyone to do with the research of these animals, its hard work and as you know we all cop some flack, but this incident really isn't going to help yours or my standing on the subject.
Cheers
Paul

onthefence
Approved Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:20 pm

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by onthefence » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:41 pm

Thanks for a balanced answer. I think your replies will assist to settle some of the doubts cast by some of the members here.

User avatar
BillTheCat
Bronze Status
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:10 pm
Position: UFO Chaser
Location: Rural estate south of Canberra

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by BillTheCat » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:26 pm

Well... believe it or not I'm on Dean's side here.
Sorry Yeti.
And no... I'm not crawling for acceptance from the Believers.

I just read the post above with Dean's responses in blue and I am willing to accept his answers as given. His bruises show that he did in fact suffer some traumatic attack of some kind and given that a fair number of other members vouch for his integrity I will accept that an attack of that nature, whether it be yowie, dope crim, wild pig or whatever would certainly shake you up, especially in the pitch black of night.

I don't have street lights in my community and I'm looking out the window right now and imagining being attacked by something that's at least my size by surprise. If I was knocked down a slope landing on my back I'm sure I wouldn't be in data gathering mode. Although I still would like to know a little bit more about the blow that landed if Dean is able to concentrate and recall that moment.

Dean: I'm not letting you off the hook about the quality of the planning or actions taken for this trip but you have explained that it wasn't 'full blown' so who am I to argue that point?

From the start of these two threads, I can understand that following the event you were obviously highly excited and your original post therefore reflected as such. Still, in hindsight, you probably shouldn't have made it.

This thread, by Joe, attempted to temper the account (and did a good job) but still left it all hanging.

This is what I meant when I said it would be best after the conclusion of a field trip (full blown OR not) to not post anything until all participants have de-briefed and written their own individual accounts, which should be submitted as a job lot.

That would go a long way to avoiding the angst created by these two threads (IMHO).

That said Yeti, I think Anonimust was right in issuing a mild caution to you. From my own experience, I think you're dangerously close to the line in a few previous statements but I also defend your right to speak you mind, just be careful how you express it (genuine, friendly advice...).

For me this thread is about wrapped up. I'd like to see a consolidated report endorsed by all particpants and, of course, I'd like to hear the audio.

Best wishes
There's always someone cleverer than yourself. Always!

User avatar
Yowielover1
Banished User
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:56 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Yowielover1 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:23 pm

BillTheCat wrote:
For me this thread is about wrapped up. I'd like to see a consolidated report endorsed by all particpants and, of course, I'd like to hear the audio.

Best wishes
Once Deans report is done, my back is useable (i am still barely walking) and damn broken computer (after i fixed it) is fixed...the audio will come with bells on and my report on the incident. It worries me that Dean has not been able to find the time to do a proper report so far. Given the extraordinary nature of the incident, and the responses given so far to his posts, I would have thought a thorough report by him would have been the first thing on his 'to do' list - but that is just me - I am a common sense sort of person that would rather remove doubt than create more of it.

I got valium today to help me with my back, and will get onto fixing my newly fixed and even more recently broken again computer tomorrow, so I can provide you all with the audio and some of the video files from trail cams. Sorry but these things have been beyond my control and I can't do any of this stuff on this little laptop.

Will do my best to give you all what you would like to have very soon.

Again sorry about that........ 8)
Let the skeptic move in their smaller world - before I knew I did not have a clue.

User avatar
Yeti
Bronze Status
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:02 am

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Yeti » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:38 pm

Yowielover1 wrote:
BillTheCat wrote:
For me this thread is about wrapped up. I'd like to see a consolidated report endorsed by all particpants and, of course, I'd like to hear the audio.

Best wishes
Once Deans report is done, my back is useable (i am still barely walking) and damn broken computer (after i fixed it) is fixed...the audio will come with bells on and my report on the incident. It worries me that Dean has not been able to find the time to do a proper report so far. Given the extraordinary nature of the incident, and the responses given so far to his posts, I would have thought a thorough report by him would have been the first thing on his 'to do' list - but that is just me - I am a common sense sort of person that would rather remove doubt than create more of it.

I got valium today to help me with my back, and will get onto fixing my newly fixed and even more recently broken again computer tomorrow, so I can provide you all with the audio and some of the video files from trail cams. Sorry but these things have been beyond my control and I can't do any of this stuff on this little laptop.

Will do my best to give you all what you would like to have very soon.

Again sorry about that........ 8)
Looking forward to this audio, it should put this thread to rest

mikka
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:53 pm
Position: Lurker
Location: Gold coast

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by mikka » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:12 pm

onthefence wrote: 4) When the others reported the eyeshine and called to the others? Would I be correct by the description that the creature was caught in an area bounded by the track and the stream? The why did no-one take the initiative to attempt to drive the creature over the track to waiting photographer?
not following you here, who where the "others" ? If at any stage you mean me I can say you are incorrect in what you say. No time did I see the eyeshine near the track and the second time it was from the creekbed that meandered down the hill.
onthefence wrote: 5) Why did the group retreat when they had the creature in sight? Safety in numbers?
No time when we saw the eyeshine did anyone retreat
" The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been." - Unknown

User avatar
Yowielover1
Banished User
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:56 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Yowielover1 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:35 pm

In reply to 'onthefence',

we waited to confront the eyeshine we were looking at because Dean said 'wait' for him. He was still in convo with Joe about stuff that happened and behind us.

Mikka and I saw it...amazingly enough it looked like my avatar blinking...by the time they came to us it was gone.

i did not observe the eyeshine down the creek but did hear the cracks of sticks popping between Dean, Mikka and myself om the other side of the lava flow of another presence in the lava flow.

I did not have the balls to go down there by myself to confront it. I was alone.

A lot could have been done differently with protocol in place but was not done.

Reports from Dean and I soon...and audio for you to listen to...dont imagine anything...wait for his facts and then consider mine. Then it is done.


8)
Let the skeptic move in their smaller world - before I knew I did not have a clue.

User avatar
Dean Harrison
AYR Webmaster
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:20 am
Position: Field Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
Location: Australia Wide
Contact:

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Dean Harrison » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:37 am

The more I think about it, the less I can think of what to say. I think I have covered most of it?

It was just one of those things I guess. I went for a wander to this location, smelt sulphur, radioed it in, sat down, some big bully came walking over the top ridge, I radioed in asking if it was one of us, response was no, I stood up, it saw me and ran all the way down the hill at me, it made no noise as it ran in regards to the diaphram bouncing or vocals, basically ran into me knocking me backwards some ways, it was dark and didn't get the best look at it, nor wanted to at the time, I was in panic mode rolling back and forth kicking my legs in the air and trying to hit it, it took off when it saw the flashlights, I was in shock when the guys got to me, we chased it, saw the eyes and heard it walking around, it would look at us and blink etc.

*Most interesting aspect of the event for me? Was the fact that he didn't have his headlights on when he hit me, yet did when we were in pursuit.

There you go - that’s my report. Not much more that I can add because that was it in a nut shell. If I said that I lay there and felt its hair or there was anything else important to add - I would have done it. So I guess to all your questions, the answer would probably be "no". Having said that, I have not read all the posts on this thread, however what I have written above is pretty much it.

No, I didn't pin it down and take hair and blood samples, nor maintain enough composure to ask him to stop before he bowled me over, nor maintain enough composure to soak in everything at the time of the event, or ask him to stand still for holiday picture. I'm afraid it was all a little too quick and intense for any of that.

I would like to see how anyone else would have dealt with it. I know I didn't fare well. The speed in which he hit me was basically at the same speed as he was in full flight down the hill. He did not slow down at all.

So if anyone wants to pick, kick and criticise, you can if you like, but there is no point to it because there was nothing I could do at the time. I recognise that for some people, there will never be a satisfactory answer no matter what I say. It’s akin to attempting to kick water up hill and I don’t like wasting my time.

My only crime was NOT being "pre"-prepared, and that is called “complacency”, of which I payed the price.




DMH
The closure of people's minds, understandings and boundaries are subject to either current environmental pressures brewed by ignorance or insecurities sculptured by pre-environmental education whereby they know no better - Dean Harrison

User avatar
bush baby
Silver Status
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:04 pm

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by bush baby » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:28 am

That Sumed it up in a nut shell. I take my hat off to you and the guys at AYR. All i can say is keep up the good work mate.

User avatar
Dean Harrison
AYR Webmaster
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:20 am
Position: Field Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
Location: Australia Wide
Contact:

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Dean Harrison » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:44 am

There was no time for research, examining or data collection within the few seconds it got to me, and there certainly "NO" glitz or glamour about it.

It was as quick and simple as what I wrote.

DMH
The closure of people's minds, understandings and boundaries are subject to either current environmental pressures brewed by ignorance or insecurities sculptured by pre-environmental education whereby they know no better - Dean Harrison

User avatar
Yowielover1
Banished User
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:56 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Yowielover1 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:25 pm

I remember a promise of pictures...i need them to jazz up the sound file and am sure everyone would like to see where you were attacked and the surrounding area.

ty

8)
Let the skeptic move in their smaller world - before I knew I did not have a clue.

User avatar
Dean Harrison
AYR Webmaster
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:20 am
Position: Field Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
Location: Australia Wide
Contact:

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Dean Harrison » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:15 pm

Location One..........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The closure of people's minds, understandings and boundaries are subject to either current environmental pressures brewed by ignorance or insecurities sculptured by pre-environmental education whereby they know no better - Dean Harrison

User avatar
Dean Harrison
AYR Webmaster
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:20 am
Position: Field Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
Location: Australia Wide
Contact:

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Dean Harrison » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:57 pm

Location two......... Random shots.

DMH
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The closure of people's minds, understandings and boundaries are subject to either current environmental pressures brewed by ignorance or insecurities sculptured by pre-environmental education whereby they know no better - Dean Harrison

User avatar
Dion
Long Time Contributor
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:44 pm
Position: Paranormal and Cryptozoology Researcher
Location: Passing through the ethereal

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Dion » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:38 pm

Nice shots Dean

Good to get an understanding of the area in question. (thumb up)

The cast mikka was cleaning up is that from site one?
“ It is stated because my studies have lead me to think that these creatures could very well be a diluted remnant of the Nephilim. ”- Ron Morehead

User formally known as chewy

User avatar
Marivs
New Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Marivs » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:32 pm

Dean Harrison wrote:The more I think about it, the less I can think of what to say. I think I have covered most of it?

It was just one of those things I guess. I went for a wander to this location, smelt sulphur,


DMH
What kind of sulfur was it?
Like a freshly struck match, or hydrogen sulphide (rotten eggs).
Sulfur dioxide, which I doubt it would be, is intensely unpleasant, with watering eyes and a burning throat. This is found in nature, but mostly in areas that are high in volcanism.

Perhaps Yowies are diabolical? A whiff of hades? Just kiddin'.
Si hoc non legere potes tu asinus es
Image

User avatar
Lasso
Site Admin
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Position: Researcher
Gender: Female

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Lasso » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:14 pm

I wish I could add to this thread with my version of advents, but unfortunately I was asleep.

All I can say is that I watched Dean go through a number of days dealing with this trauma. Still to this day we talk about what transpired, and he is still dealing with what happened.

I can understand the skeptics asking question but the snide remarks are uncalled for and have no place here.

Dean is telling you of an event that happen in this life and he has had experience with Yowie’s for 15 years or so, believe it or not, it has no consequence. He deliberated about telling this story to the board as he knew it was going to be pulled apart. There are no media deals and there is no income generate from this site.

Dean no longer wants to prove they exist, he already knows that after his years of encounters. He no longer feels the need to prove or be involved in the media.

How I see it, is he is in this for the understanding and respect of this creature, having a small glimpse of what we all would like to see and understand.

I can only hope that when the day comes for another encounter that I am right there by his side.

If or when another encounter happens I will be thinking twice about letting him tell the story........

Lasso
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.

User avatar
lil foot
Silver Status
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:14 pm
Position: Crypto Enthusiast
Location: melbourne, australia

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by lil foot » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:46 pm

ahhh dont be like that lasso and dean, if this site didnt have reports then it would be.............well, a site much visited.
dont take the skeptics to heart, they dont know you and have never seen you face to face. they judge you by the style you write and the way you spell, besides they have nothing better to do since mummy took their nintendo wii away.
thanks also lasso for answering my questions about this website not generating money etc.
nothing positive will come from a skeptics life, all they know is to oppose, my hats off to the unsures, as at least they are open to the evidence brung forward.
so please anyone who has a story or report to get off their chest, man up and do it, we are braver than they are, arnt we?
ON THE OCCASION WHEN IM NOT WRONG, IM ALWAYS RIGHT!

User avatar
Yowielover1
Banished User
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:56 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Yowielover1 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:54 pm

I would like to see pictures of the 'attack' area.

ty

8)
Let the skeptic move in their smaller world - before I knew I did not have a clue.

Muppets
Banished User
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:57 am

Re: Dean/Yowie confrontation 02/01/09

Unread post by Muppets » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:22 pm

lil foot wrote:ahhh dont be like that lasso and dean, if this site didnt have reports then it would be.............well, a site much visited.
dont take the skeptics to heart, they dont know you and have never seen you face to face. they judge you by the style you write and the way you spell, besides they have nothing better to do since mummy took their nintendo wii away.
Seems you are not up to speed with recent events. We skeptics are actually welcome here, and we don't have to resort to personal remarks to get our points across.
lil foot wrote:nothing positive will come from a skeptics life, all they know is to oppose, my hats off to the unsures, as at least they are open to the evidence brung forward.
so please anyone who has a story or report to get off their chest, man up and do it, we are braver than they are, arnt we?
"Nothing positive will come from a skeptics life."
I really don't know where to begin..
I thought skeptics were the supposed to be the negative ones.
Its not a contest. We are not your enemies.

Locked