Henry Franzoni quote regarding scientific documentation

This board is open for all matters and discussions pertaining to the Australian Yowie. Please keep on topic in this forum.
Shazzoir
Long Time Contributor
Position: Crypto Enthusiast

Re: Henry Franzoni quote regarding scientific documentation

Unread post by Shazzoir » Sun May 10, 2009 8:47 pm

That very well may be the case, as things stand now, but I am hopeful that despite the lack of concrete evidence (i.e., a body), eventually the weight of collected data such as that gleaned from people like those who frequent AYR will be of use. When and if the day comes, when a Yowie is found, recognized as a part of our Australian fauna/tribespeople, all that back-data (sound recordings, locations where Yowies have been seen, etc) will become of great value in perhaps setting out areas for preservation of the bushland and areas where Yowies are suspected of living.

That's my take on it, anyway, and besides: you are right: our hobby/interest in Yowies is important to us, and if one is found, that doesn't mean we aren't interested in contact with them anymore.

Besides, then we'd have to take on the Thylacoleo, Thylacine or Megafauna. Never let it be said there aren't enough cryptids to go around.

Kind regards,
Shazz
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Dr. Carl Sagan

Dean Harrison
AYR Webmaster
Position: Field Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/Dean.Harrison.AYR

Unread post by Dean Harrison » Mon May 11, 2009 2:40 am

Pretty much it in a nutshell Dr. and Shazz.

Further more, forget your I.R. and night seeking Equip. Won't work. Waste of money. Best concentrate your haystack needle during daylight hours. Night footage is a waste of time. Even if you get some blurry night blob, you will receive more flak than what it is worth.

Fun yessss.... Scientific data? No. Sad but true. Having said that - the hunt/chase is worth it when you find yourself in situ's. Perhaps not at that time, especially if your placed alone (Put Steve Bott in between two, just yards away from him on each side), yet memories all the same.

Dr..... nice post. Not so Beckjord of you and good points (Many don't know who we are referring to). EB phoned me often.

Shazz..... Slap Buck and get him back to the board!

DMH
The closure of people's minds, understandings and boundaries are subject to either current environmental pressures brewed by ignorance or insecurities sculptured by pre-environmental education whereby they know no better - Dean Harrison

Shazzoir
Long Time Contributor
Position: Crypto Enthusiast

Unread post by Shazzoir » Mon May 11, 2009 7:15 pm

Will do my best, Dean! :)
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Dr. Carl Sagan