All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Trail Cam Picture
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:49 am 
AYR Webmaster
 WWW  Profile

Position: Field Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
.... of strangeness.

The camera is approximately 6 - 7ft off the ground and located at the site of the Tee-Pee finds from a few months ago.

This picture was emailed to us directly from the Camera yesterday afternoon. There are no branches on the trunk of the tree where the camera is situated.

Difficult to fathom what the image close to the camera on the left could be.

DMH

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The closure of people's minds, understandings and boundaries are subject to either current environmental pressures brewed by ignorance or insecurities sculptured by pre-environmental education whereby they know no better - Dean Harrison

Post subject: Re: Trail Cam Picture
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:00 am 
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
 WWW  Profile

Position: Nature Lover
That has to make you wonder Dean.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:24 am 
Long Time Contributor

Position: Researcher
cool - looks like an arm (shoulder to wrist) - no susbsequent activations sent through to you after?

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:54 am 
AYR Webmaster
 WWW  Profile

Hi Forestguy,

Between 11am & 12pm we were sent a volley of pictures. Nothing was apparent, other than the shadows from the trees were in different positions on the ground, indicating it must have been windy on the mountain.

The picture shown here was a single shot at around 4pm with no further triggers.

DMH

The closure of people's minds, understandings and boundaries are subject to either current environmental pressures brewed by ignorance or insecurities sculptured by pre-environmental education whereby they know no better - Dean Harrison

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:14 am 
Long Time Contributor

Position: Researcher
Weird, but solved.

Obviously Sarah Murdoch was onsite, walking on her hands:

Attachment:
DmH_trailcam 071012_edit.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:51 am 

Position: Flesh and Blood
Hi Dean,

If that was shot somewhere in the Gold Coast Hinterland be aware that we had a serious Southerly Change come through round about that time. It was blowing hard on the coast from about 16:00 onwards. As for the picture could it be a branch with no bark temporarily snagged in front of the camera? Actually it looks more like a wrist and part of a hand to me, pity its too close to the lens to show texture. I guess you haven't been able to visit to see if the camera has been tampered with. Are those tracks in the grass or just uneven growth?

cheers
Gareth

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:59 am 
AYR Webmaster
 WWW  Profile

Thank you Forestguy. That is certainly one possibility. I will ask her.

Hi Gareth. If it was blowing at that time as you say, then bark could be a possibility (other than Sarah). The unit holds high res shots of the pictures sent. We will check them in the next month or so.

DMH

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:11 am 
Bronze Status

what's the shutter speed on the trail cams? say if a human was at a jogging speed would motion blur show?

the reason i'm asking this is that i can see a bit of motion blur along with the blur from the object not being in focus. so being a branch is possible, but i think it would be moving quite a bit and according to the post above with the high winds it might be.

but that motion blur can come from any object that's moving at a speed, just depends on what.

has the cam sent back any other images of the wildlife in the area?

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:29 am 
Bronze Status

daniel john wrote:
what's the shutter speed on the trail cams? say if a human was at a jogging speed would motion blur show?

the reason i'm asking this is that i can see a bit of motion blur along with the blur from the object not being in focus. so being a branch is possible, but i think it would be moving quite a bit and according to the post above with the high winds it might be.

but that motion blur can come from any object that's moving at a speed, just depends on what.

has the cam sent back any other images of the wildlife in the area?

this is what i think it is after another look, the grey box is what i think i see in the photo, i can't recreate the lighting or blur but hopefully you all get where im coming from.

please see attached

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:02 pm 

Hi Gartloney Rat,
The property owern has a tractor that he get's around on to do work fence's weed control things like that so yes they are tracks!

Hi Daniel John,
We have had a number of pictures sent through of a dingo both day and night and we have also had a trigger of the cam with nothing and then straight after that another trigger but the whole camera had been twisted so pic was tilted !!

Dereck

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:25 pm 
Gold Status - Frequent Poster

Position: Unsure
Dean, Dez,

Some great work guys, never a dull moment. A wrist maybe or a stick held to the trail cam, maybe getting poked ? To See what it is.
All the best.

Cheers

A.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:30 pm 
AYR Webmaster
 WWW  Profile

Hi Daniel,

You hit the nail on the head. Nice work.

We just had confirmation it was the property owner pulling bark off the tree after a volley of triggers during the wind in the morning.

DMH