jj yowie search

This board is open for discussion on the Australian Yowie, Bigfoot, Yeti & Sasquatch. Please keep on topic in this forum.
Rusty2
Long Time Contributor
Position: Believer

jj yowie search

Unread post by Rusty2 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:21 pm

Seems like we have inherited a pair of walking disasters for australian research and legitimate proof . Yes , it was humorous for a while but there was 1 problem for them , no one was watching their video's or their commercials which they urge us to do .

2 hours ago jjyowiesearch had a handfull of subscribers and a handfull of views , I went and had a look to see what they were up to , they now have 1,667 subscribers and 346,181 views in under 2 hours .

They've sold out to monetisation and to goviral.com or goviralnow.com and this will will help to discredit any serious work done in australia , becoming more like the no morals rubbish coming from other parts of the world .

Yes , we have the odd hoax , 3 or 4 in ten years ? Australia has a mainly good reputation in this area , but now part of us , whether you like it or not , has fallen to the almighty dollar . These are the type of guys who will shoot a yowie ( if they ever see one) just to make a name for themselves .

In my opinion , their an absolute disgrace and a slap in the face to any serious australian research .

Very dissapointed...................

AustralopithecineOz
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Position: Nature Lover

Re: jj yowie search

Unread post by AustralopithecineOz » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:08 pm

I agree… I don’t mind anyone putting a face to the topic of Yowies and I also think video will play an enormous role in displaying current research. However, I too found them entertaining at first and I thought enthusiastic enough to actually do something constructive. Unfortunately I can wander along through my area any day of the week and collect the same ‘evidence’ as they do. It’s sad they are selling their wares as serious research and even more worrying that they have developed a following…

Ants77
Position: Unsure

Unread post by Ants77 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:33 pm

Guys,

Not bloody wrong ! I know the boys whom reseac the area and as I understand it this is discrediting them already, and they arn't very happy about it. They are a joke. This is no longer a hahaha subject like mentioned it was funny for a second or two but enough is enough. What do we do ? I get deeper and deeper with great results of late and this will ruin everything, I/we have had it.

Ants
Sorry I'm back.

daniel john
Bronze Status

Unread post by daniel john » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Really? this has to stop, i wonder if they read these forums. I'm subscribed to a few peoples youtube channels here and i saw your comment on one of there videos ants and thumbed it up.

They're pretty over the top, producing a video series just for "entertainment" and not to entertaining at that.
They do not have the interest of the yowie in mind, the genuine researches of the yowie or research into the yowie at all. disgrace to call themselves reserchers, just to chumps trying to make money of Cryptozoolgy selling poorly designed t-shirts and Google ads.
disgusting.

Dan

topender
Forum Moderator
Position: Field Researcher

Unread post by topender » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:03 am

Totally 100% agree

i collect truckloads of photos, video etc..BUT, its nothing groundbreaking or wow factor stuff, i think if youve been doing this stuff for several years ( and particulary folks from this site) then people expect something special, SO until i come up with something special, i just keep a low profile and keep doing it out there in the scrub.

cheers
This planet is a one big farm, we are not the farmers but the stock

Dereck

Unread post by Dereck » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:46 am

ALL of the above!!!!!!!
I just carn't understand why they have such a following???
I think they should take note of what everyone is saying,they have no experience or knowledge of the area or the wildlife that inhabit the area as we have seen{ ie the yowie bird },they should watch other researchers video's like Rusty's , who does an outstanding job and we know and appreciate the hard work and time he put's into what he does , and there are other group's doing great work also, we all know how hard good evidence is to find.
We have been doing alot of work in springbrook for a long time, that's our backyard, and have great trusting relationships with local's from up there and would be a shame for any of that to change.
They say any publicity is good publicity but I think this is the exception to the rule!!!
I wonder what happened to the local the were visiting with the terrifying encounter they were going to interview ??

Dereck

Ray Doherty
Long Time Contributor
Facebook Profile Page: www.facebook.com/theaustralianyowieproject

Unread post by Ray Doherty » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:31 pm

Really dissapointing to here this. I am advocate of people making money to fund legitimate research but obviously this is to do nothing more than to make a few dollars for the sake of money...............at the expenses of the real work...........FFS what damage will they do what will be next, will they have one in an eske too?
'I want to believe'

sapere aude
Silver Status

Unread post by sapere aude » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:35 pm

It seems lots of people thrive on sensationalist bs. Nothing new there. I appreciate the fact that within most Yowie research (well meaning) sceptical opinion is tolerated and that whether I agree or not, the research usually seems at least honest.

It will be a shame if Yowie research plumbs the farcical depths that bigfootery does (apologies to any genuine and objective bigfoot researchers) where it seems more of a cross between entertainment and religion, with no shortage of those who use this to peddle any bs they can to the credulous faithful. The squabbling factions certainly do nothing for credibility either, so I suppose if we look at the US as an example, might be best to avoid animosities and just ignore with the old saying...each to their own. Just IMO.

Either that or subscribe, if the more sensationalist and OTT research is to your liking ..... along with obvious misidentification, exaggeration and sheer fantasy. It's reminds me of an amateur Aussie version of (not) finding bigfoot.:lol:

The public in general probably finds the subject a bit out there anyway. I doubt genuine open minded people will lump all research into the same basket. Surely they will take each on it's own merits.

yowiedan
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by yowiedan » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:34 am

hey rusty

do you think j&j can actually shoot a gun.????

maybe a pop gun!

Dereck

Unread post by Dereck » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:27 am

Or maybe that's what the martial art's and gym trianing is for, deadly force !!!!!!

Dereck

Rusty2
Long Time Contributor
Position: Believer

Unread post by Rusty2 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:47 pm

Sapere is right , its their life and their channel and they can do what ever they want , who am I to say they can or they cant .

I just picture ourselve's talking to the scientists in their office , were on our best behaviour and accompanied by our best evidence , meanwhile jason and jason are swingin from the chandelier . Know what I mean .

I'm not sure what the martial arts is about , maybe its a new technique to beat the yowies into submission ???????????

I wouldnt like to go shooting with jason and his glasses fogging up , might mistake me for a yowie .

Just not a good look for us thats all ...............I give up , australia's screwed with them at the helm.............

daniel john
Bronze Status

Unread post by daniel john » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:12 am

Rusty2 wrote:
I just picture ourselve's talking to the scientists in their office , were on our best behaviour and accompanied by our best evidence , meanwhile jason and jason are swingin from the chandelier . Know what I mean .

I

HAHAHAHA!!

oh man i had a good laugh at that!
I can see where everyone is coming from, but i think that the purpose of there "yowie search" is complete bs. they are in it for all the wrong reasons, i mean if they were trying to make it a Finding Bigfoot kind of show at least invest in some gear other then a go pro on the head and a cheap dslr. if its crappy content at least get good footage right?

Dan.

Nuns
Position: Flesh and Blood

Unread post by Nuns » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:46 am

LOL !

yowiedan
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by yowiedan » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:06 am

we need red symonds with his big gong from hey hey its saturday and get them outta the bush for good. reds

score for j&j 0.

sapere aude
Silver Status

Unread post by sapere aude » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:23 pm

Rusty2 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This sort of thing seems inevitable with fringe subjects, after all, we have had Rex and his "endocast" collection for some time. Seems fair enough to appraise what they put forward for what it is, the only point (IMO) is not to do it in an emotional/ personal way that creates animosity. Otherwise we could end up with the bitter feuds we see amongst bigfoot researchers, which to the public at large who might see bigfoot as "iffy" (though probably entertaining) to begin with, surely helps remove any doubt as to whether they are just a bunch of nutters (not saying they are).

I still think most scientists will be more inclined to judge what you can provide them, on it's own merits, rather than dismiss it because of anything j and j do. I also think the type of secondary indicators of Yowie existence that might appeal to scientists will be things that wouldn't be exciting enough for a lot of people, who just want to be entertained, to bother with.

Though wouldn't it be ironic if j and j did happen to make the scientific discovery of yowies. :lol:

daniel john
Bronze Status

Unread post by daniel john » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:19 pm

just re watched one of there videos, seems like EVERYTHING is a Yowie to them.

I wonder if they know we have animals in the bush?

(crappy attempt and dramatic effect/suspense?)

Nuns

Unread post by Nuns » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:11 pm

Rusty2 wrote: I just picture ourselve's talking to the scientists in their office , were on our best behaviour and accompanied by our best evidence , meanwhile jason and jason are swingin from the chandelier . Know what I mean .
The guy with the glasses looks 1 chromosome away from down-syndrome.

hunter hunted
Bronze Status
Position: Yowie Hunter

Unread post by hunter hunted » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:04 pm

Hi Nuns
I have been saying that to my wife for weeks.LMAO.She keeps hitting me now She is looking for your arm to hit.
On a serious note They should have hung thier boots up long ago.And never picked up a camera.
Thier is Nothing as ignorant as condemnation before Investergation.

YowieWatcher
Approved Member

Unread post by YowieWatcher » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:02 pm

lol. Good on them for trying if they aren't taking the piss, but they present it like you will (or rather they did) encounter a yowie 100% of the time if you go bush.

BushFreak
Approved Member
Position: Monk

Unread post by BushFreak » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:25 am

YowieWatcher wrote:lol. Good on them for trying if they aren't taking the piss.
Yes I agree, good on them for trying but when you are presenting 8 & 13 second videos of what could be ( and probably is) absolutely nothing and claiming its a giant monster only goes to show how ridiculous there videos are. If they want to be taken seriously then they need to present them in a better way, with comparison photos showing outlines, height etc, just as others on YouTube have done.
If they want respect in what there doing then that needs to be reflected in the content and how there videos are presented.
At the moment as Rusty has stated, its a joke.
My 2 Bobs worth.
Cheers
BF
“The difference between me and a scientist is a little word called “Science.” I don’t believe in it. Science has yet to validate my disbelief in Bigfoot.”

mlj1mlj1
Position: Arm-Chair Researcher

Unread post by mlj1mlj1 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:59 am

I like watching other people work especially if its worthwhile and not all for show, but ultimately if your not at least trying in some fashion to try and help them and your just helping yourself your probably doomed to failure anyway is my thought. You can do both. I thought Steve Irwin did a good job of that, at least thats what it appeared to me from the states. I may be wrong, you all would know better than I.

Nuns

Unread post by Nuns » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:39 pm

More J&J 'ego masturbation' videos with 'action replays' will occur. Count on it.

Ants77
Position: Unsure

Unread post by Ants77 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:20 pm

Hi guys,

Look as a whole, the idea they have I'm not going to bag someone for having a go, but and I mean but, you can't get on and start with all this c**p of 60cm prints on a regular walking paths that bush walkers use every day !!! And saying that research isn't definitive !!! Research is a proven method !!!! Your dodgy findings are what isn't definitive. Estimations are so off it's rediculous. There is a formula to work out estimated height from a measured print !!!!! They don't want to go out int the thick scrub, why ? Because it's natures natural defence system hahaha. Oh come on, and doing a high five ? Are they 10 years old ? This is what they want to get known for all the best.....
They are of no threat, you just don't go into other people's research areas without at least making contact with them, I thought that that was just curtious. Want to enter a community because you watched finding Bigfoot and want all the glamour and the show, they're sadly mistaken.

A.
Sorry I'm back.

mlj1mlj1
Position: Arm-Chair Researcher

Unread post by mlj1mlj1 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:02 pm

Sasquatches decide your fate, I am sure Yowies do too...If they don't like you or what your doing, well good luck with that has been my experience. Look at whats happened in the states to all those that didn't take that into account.

Nuns

Unread post by Nuns » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:34 pm

My bet is they are buying Youtube views. Its what people are doing these days. Cheap as chips.

thomo10366
Bronze Status
Position: Nature Lover

Unread post by thomo10366 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:31 pm

I'm afraid they remind me to much of the old "Dodgy Brothers" comedy skit. :)
Erect and sublime, for one moment of time,
In the next, that wild figure they saw
(As if stung by a spasm) plunge into the chasm.
While they waited and listened in awe . . .

Mminter23
Approved Member
Position: Skeptic

Unread post by Mminter23 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:16 pm

Its a bit of a shame that those guys are just money hungry and dont appricate the history of the yowie and respect the yowie. :?

yowiedan
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by yowiedan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:12 pm

I really think that looking around for yowies is just a fad for jj and as quickly they surfaced they will disappear.Hard core researchers don't stop searching for our hairy friend and jj will be around as long as bell bottom jeans and leg warmers were in the 80's.

Mminter23
Approved Member
Position: Skeptic

Unread post by Mminter23 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:54 pm

Haha!

didgmaster
Position: Yowie Chaser

Unread post by didgmaster » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:41 am

yowiedan wrote:I really think that looking around for yowies is just a fad for jj and as quickly they surfaced they will disappear.Hard core researchers don't stop searching for our hairy friend and jj will be around as long as bell bottom jeans and leg warmers were in the 80's.
He he ! Well said, i had a bit of a run in with these blokes they think that every
Sound , every shadow in the bush is a big guy i tried to help them out
By pointing out the calls they were telling everyone where yowies was
Just storm birds, lol they didnt like it !