Mooney Mooney Yowie report Feb 2013

This board is open for discussion on the Australian Yowie, Bigfoot, Yeti & Sasquatch. Please keep on topic in this forum.
Dean Harrison
AYR Webmaster
Position: Field Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile

Mooney Mooney Yowie report Feb 2013

Unread post by Dean Harrison » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:45 am

Excerpt from an Interview Crop's recently did for us. The picture below shows the Dam, which was the direction the Yowie was running towards. The Witness couldn't provide as many details as we would have liked, as it all happened quite quickly. The Hawkesburry has a long History with Yowie sightings.

DMH

.......................................................................................................

Event: Yowie Sighting

Date: February 15th 2013

Time: 9.30pm

Witness John, Ex-Girlfriend, Son and Step Son

Driving South along the F3:

“Right in front of us there was this car in front of us. They would have to have seen it. I mean, like they nearly hit it. When we went around the bend, I put my foot down and we all took turns of screaming at each other, like honestly, everyone in the car was screaming at each other as loudly as they possibly could until we ran out of breath, then we had half breaths until we almost started to cry!

The car in front of us must have really put his foot down because he was only about 10m in front of us before we went around the bend, then he was pretty much gone after that.
I was in the far left lane doing 110km an hour on cruise control.

Josh, my Son said “What’s that”? We all looked at this thing as it ran right to left across the road. It was about 7ft with big shoulders. He was a big F’ker. It was greyish white with dark features. His face was black.

When it ran, it was like it glided across the road. There was no up and downward movement, it just went straight across like it glided. It was like it did the whole 3 lanes in only a few steps.

But the strange thing was it ran to a 30ft cliff wall and pretty much vanished around that as we drove passed. Don’t know how?

Everyone in the car was screaming at it. It scared the Sh*t out of us. For the next 15 minutes the conversation was ‘What the hell was THAT sh*t’?

My Son and myself went out there with cameras during the day after. There are lots of tracks down towards the Dam. It must use those I suppose.

It’s been our main conversation for the last few months now.

© Copyright AYR
Australian Yowie Research - Data Base
http://www.yowiehunters.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The closure of people's minds, understandings and boundaries are subject to either current environmental pressures brewed by ignorance or insecurities sculptured by pre-environmental education whereby they know no better - Dean Harrison

Dion
Long Time Contributor
Position: Researcher

Re: Mooney Mooney Yowie report Feb 2013

Unread post by Dion » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:23 am

Interesting.
“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.” - Nikola Tesla

User formally known as chewy

mlj1mlj1
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Position: Arm-Chair Researcher

Unread post by mlj1mlj1 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:27 am

Enjoyable read, hope all is well Dean. Mike :)

Rusty2
Long Time Contributor
Position: Believer

Unread post by Rusty2 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:11 pm

I can confirm the gliding thing he mentions and I don't know how to explain it but it was just like he mentions , gliding .............??????????

Has anyone else seen this gliding action ?

Neil Frost
Position: New Member

Unread post by Neil Frost » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:22 pm

Rusty2 wrote:I can confirm the gliding thing he mentions and I don't know how to explain it but it was just like he mentions , gliding .............??????????

Has anyone else seen this gliding action ?

G’day Rusty,

I am not sure about the meaning of “gliding”. For me, gliding suggests a sliding, silent form of locomotion. I doubt that this is the true interpretation?

I would agree that the stride is very long. Also, from our experience, the associated footfalls were very loud and comparatively rapid, which is partially contradictory (rapid and fast; but not loud) considering the obviously large mass of the hominoid.

Under stress, Fatfoot could cover a similar distance in about a third of the time that I was able to do and under much more difficult environmental circumstances. Comparatively, I think that Usain Bolt could easily be run down within a short distance, even though he would normally run on an unobstructed athletic track. So, what is going on here?

Speed, power or whatever, suggests mechanical efficiency. Perhaps the energy of locomotion is being recycled, by being temporarily stored on landing and released on rebound? Endurance suggests respiratory efficiency, where there is a lower oxygen requirement? What do you think?

Neil
a = 32 mm; b = 50.4 mm; c > 66.67 mm and < 68.11 mm IPD. From film neg degree separation 0.25˚ to 0.3˚ @ 13500 mm = IPD > 58.9 mm and < 70.7 mm. Mean IPD from average of both methods = 66.1 mm. Max pupil dilation ≈ 30 mm. Eye height ≈ 1850 mm.

Rusty2
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Rusty2 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:24 pm

Hey Neil , I really don't know how to tell you this but its just like the guy said , gliding . No up and down motion , I couldn't see running legs or arm movements etc , it was like the thing was on rails .
Point A to point B , no movements of any body parts etc , it looked to be gliding , I cant explain it any other way . This thing covered about 100 metres in around 2 seconds , no joke .

It looked like it was 6 to 7 foot tall and brown from a distance of 100 to 150 metre's in open bushland . I had an unobstructed view as it moved down the ridge from my right to my left and it seemed to be frozen as far as body motion went . It also seemed to be obscured or partially blurred , I cant explain it any other way .

P.S. The last time I was on medication was about 14 years ago and it was for a broken wrist . I gave away drinking and other habits about 6 years ago and the only medication I take is a panadol for the occasional head ache once a month , just thought I'd add that .

???????? Its got me baffled .....

Dion
Long Time Contributor
Position: Researcher

Unread post by Dion » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:06 am

Hey Rusty

Dean sent me a video years ago that he had received from Topender about a Junjudee jumping on the back of a Ute that a bunch of Indigenous people were driving, it may sound familiar to some? while not very conclusive footage, being quite pixelated, my first thought was it Glided onto the Ute and not jumped.

Your Sighting of one Gliding sounds intriguing.

Thanks.
“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.” - Nikola Tesla

User formally known as chewy

AL Pitman

Unread post by AL Pitman » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:31 am

Neil
Might it be possible and I guess at this stage anything is, that the physical carracteristics of these Hominids could lead an observer to the thought that their muscles and sinews are cat / kangaroo like whereby they store the inputed energy and then release it as does a coiled spring, enabling them to have the witnessed super human speed that they posses.

It may just eventualy lead to a confirmation that these creatures are not related to the American big foot but are a relic of the once long lost land that the island of Australis was. ??????????
IF YOU DO NOT LOOK YOU WILL NOT SEE

AL PITMAN

mlj1mlj1
Position: Arm-Chair Researcher

Unread post by mlj1mlj1 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:27 pm

The Sasquatch is super human as well. Can jump incredibly large distances and heights. Break trees and can run down anything on the North American continent. I know of three over 10 feet tall. The Yowie, Yeti, Sasquatch, Almasty are all said to have incredible capabilities. The most amazing here is they can break the trunk of a pretty big tree. We found that out in the meat pit where I am headed for a week tomorrow by them hating the trail cams pointed at them when they eat. I will say this anything is possible. I personally think the Yowie and Yeti are the purer strains of the unknown donor DNA because there was either no people to interact with or they were hostile like the aboriginals were to them, but that is debatable. MIke :)

FM80

Unread post by FM80 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:41 pm

Rusty2 wrote:This thing covered about 100 metres in around 2 seconds , no joke .
So that's roughly 180 km/h, with all due respect this seems highly unlikely

Rusty2
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Rusty2 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:53 pm

That's interesting Dion . I'd have to say that this is the first encounter I've ever heard of that mentions gliding , now yours Dion ???????????

Al this thing was moving like nothing else I've ever seen .

I have to agree with you Mike , I reckon the yowie is one of the original strains or at least an unadulterated strain . Australia has been isolated for so long from the rest of the world .........

Rusty2
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Rusty2 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:29 am

Hey FM80 , I agree , highly unlikely but I can only tell you what I saw . It was the quickest I've seen anything move in the bush ever . I was doing calculations in my head trying to compare it with something I knew and couldn't think of any animal .
Like I mentioned , its got me baffled but I know what I saw ...........

Neil Frost
Position: New Member

Unread post by Neil Frost » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:19 am

G’day Rusty and FM80,

I would guess that the experience would have been stressful and the adrenaline would have been pumping during the encounter. Under those conditions I would imagine that it would have been difficult to accurately estimate time. Of course, even a few seconds makes a difference, as six seconds would rein in the speed to 60 km/hr, which is close to the mark in my opinion (Usain Bolt’s top speed is 44 km/hr). Distance is always difficult to estimate as well. However, you were there and from your description it seems that it took place in the open, without obstructions to impede it. In any case, they are still bloody fast!

Neil
a = 32 mm; b = 50.4 mm; c > 66.67 mm and < 68.11 mm IPD. From film neg degree separation 0.25˚ to 0.3˚ @ 13500 mm = IPD > 58.9 mm and < 70.7 mm. Mean IPD from average of both methods = 66.1 mm. Max pupil dilation ≈ 30 mm. Eye height ≈ 1850 mm.

topender
Forum Moderator

Unread post by topender » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:49 pm

FM80 wrote:
Rusty2 wrote:This thing covered about 100 metres in around 2 seconds , no joke .

Mate....everything about yowies seems to be unlikely, impossible, improbable...BUT. here they are and I am confronted with bizzare incidents regularly...go figure
This planet is a one big farm, we are not the farmers but the stock

FM80

Unread post by FM80 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:06 pm

topender wrote:
FM80 wrote:

Mate....everything about yowies seems to be unlikely, impossible, improbable...BUT. here they are and I am confronted with bizzare incidents regularly...go figure
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't suggesting Rusty was telling porkies at all, I have the utmost respect for Rusty as a researcher and I've seen enough of his work to know that he is not prone to exaggerations or fabrications.

Because I don't doubt Rusty's integrity, for me there are two options:

1. As Neil mentioned, it might have been a totally understandable miscalculation of time or distance due to the intense nature of the event. A couple of seconds either way would change the estimated speed considerably.

2. A large bipedal animal running at approximately 180 km/h.

Option 2 (the estimated speed) is what I find highly unlikely, not the event itself.

Rusty, hope this explains where I'm coming from champ.

Rusty2
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Rusty2 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:36 pm

All good FM :)

NotSoBigFoot
Silver Status

Unread post by NotSoBigFoot » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:13 am

Often in the excitement of an event, perception of time can appear distorted to the person experiencing the event. I'd dare say that perhaps it happened over 3 or 4 seconds and only felt like 2 seconds. This would equate to a more realistic speed for a beast of this power and stature. 3 seconds would bring it to 120km/h - which is a speed that is nearly achievable by some large cats i.e. Cheetah can run at a top speed of 100 mph which is close, and by comparison it is a slender but efficient animal but only built for short bursts of speed. At 4 seconds it equates to 90 km/h which is just less than the top recorded speed of a cheetah.

On the whole gliding aspect, it all relates back to efficiency. Humans are very energy inefficient animals. The bobbing up and down that we exhibit whilst running is a major waste of energy but still is the most energy efficient way for us to move quickly given our mechanics. A hominid's mechanics are far more advanced hence less bobbing, less energy wasted, larger in stature, therefore the mechanics make it appear as if they glide due to lack of erratic movements, and they are fast and powerful due to their make up and allowing them to "run" for lack of a better word, at magnificent speeds. This would also explain the lack of movement from the legs as they have quite short legs in proportion to their make up, and with their advanced biological mechanics, it would seem as if they were gliding. Much like a cartoon character has a blur for where their legs would be when they are running at full pelt.
WE ARE NOT ALONE....

Wayne888
Bronze Status
Position: Back off man...I'm a researcher!!

Unread post by Wayne888 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:53 am

This encounter more than likely would have been filmed!

It occurred between Mooney Mooney and Mt White which has two fixed speed cameras with full-time anti vandalism cameras and due to the high number of accidents in this area and the heavy vehicle weighbridge and checking station at the top of the hill, several cameras have been installed along this stretch of the F3.

Shame it was so long ago.

Personally, I would have loved to have seen something like that as I'm up and down that bloody freeway 6-8 times a week for work. (taz)

Harvey78
Approved Member

Unread post by Harvey78 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:56 pm

There are many reports from North America where the witness reports the creature glideing or almost floating in a very fluid motion. They have also a number of reports where they believe they can reach speeds up to 35m/hr which I think is around 60km/h. Correct me if I am wrong I was born 78 lol

macquariedave

Unread post by macquariedave » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:52 pm

Harvey78 wrote:There are many reports from North America where the witness reports the creature glideing or almost floating in a very fluid motion. They have also a number of reports where they believe they can reach speeds up to 35m/hr which I think is around 60km/h. Correct me if I am wrong I was born 78 lol
What a bummer - I was only 0 when I was born . . .
(Apologies, but I couldn't resist).