Strange wallaby killing - head ripped off

This board is open for discussion on the Australian Yowie, Bigfoot, Yeti & Sasquatch. Please keep on topic in this forum.
millstoneridge

Strange wallaby killing - head ripped off

Unread post by millstoneridge » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:09 pm

We have had strange experiences for several months culminating, we thought, in the disappearance of our two german shepherds. I work as an RN and early one morning driving home from a night shift I found a wallaby on the dam crossing below our house with it's head pulled off and one arm ripped off, not the sign of a traditional dog attack, given that we have a Maremma and have had no wild dog attacks in years it was strange. There were no bite marks or any signs of a dog attack on the carcass. I was dead tired after my night shift so hubby removed carcass off drive, when he later took camera to photograph carcass it was gone (most likely taken by a wedgetail eagle).

Does anyone know what would do this?? The carcass was about 50 metres from one sighting my husband saw at night, which was in direct line of view of the house. We are again having issues with our Maremma barking aggressively in this area now again most nights, and our new border collie often joins in.

Suggestions? We have had quiet nights until recerntly, as hubby had fired off shotgun and scared whatever it is away for weeks.

Mad Academic
Silver Status

Re: Strange wallaby killing - head ripped off

Unread post by Mad Academic » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:58 pm

It really depends on what your motives/aims/goals are. If you aim to be rid of whatever is visiting, then keep on firing the shotgun. But be aware you could injure something and also miss a great opportunity.

If you want to identify the creature responsible then you could try putting out food gifts (inaccessible to other species) and, later, if food is accepted, try a camera to record what is taking it.

FWIW

MA

macquariedave

Unread post by macquariedave » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:49 pm

Mad Academic wrote:It really depends on what your motives/aims/goals are. If you aim to be rid of whatever is visiting, then keep on firing the shotgun. But be aware you could injure something and also miss a great opportunity.

If you want to identify the creature responsible then you could try putting out food gifts (inaccessible to other species) and, later, if food is accepted, try a camera to record what is taking it.

FWIW

MA
Good luck with that!

ChrisV
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by ChrisV » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:24 am

Proceed with caution ....
I would be very weary of tempting something closer that is capable of such carnage. It very well could be a yowie but until you sight something I would be careful.

Rusty2
Long Time Contributor
Position: Believer

Unread post by Rusty2 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:03 am

If it was them , then , was the wallaby a gift or a threat ? There was a member here once who had a bbq with farmers 15 k's down the road , can't remember the details . They'd seen the yowie regularly and described him as being built like Arnold Schwarzenegger , naked , hairy etc .
The yowie was taking the owners very expensive sheep . The yowie apparently once left a bunch of wild grapes or figs or something similar on the wall of THE DAM and it was believed to be compensation for the farmers loss . You could say that the most important things needed for survival are food and water . He/she left food right next to your water source .
Was the wallaby a gift to compensate you for the loss of your dogs and you didnt realise it ? In my mind , the missing head was just the kill method . The missing arm may have been taken for a snack . It may have been a gift of food . It might sound disgusting to us but a wallaby is food to them . I just can't see them leaving all that food to go to waste .

If it was a threat I would have expected a stripped carcass , a head on it's own or a pile of guts . A friend of mine was once walking through a popular national park early in the morning . He got a feeling of being watched and felt very uncomfortable . As he walked around the corner there was a fresh wombats head sitting on a rock . He turned around and left . I had an experience myself once . I was returning continually to one place that had activity . After a number of entries into that place , there seemed to be a comotion happening while I was there . After returning again to the same place I found guts on the ground where I had my cameras . Picture below . I got the message pretty quickly that they weren't very happy with me being there and I stopped going to that place .

"We have had strange experiences for several months"
Have the recent experiences been threatening , stomping and banging ? Have you felt threatened ?
Have you contacted the previous owners , maybe they can help with information . Did they leave for the same reasons ? How many people have owned that property in what time frame ? What I'm trying to say is , this may be an unwinnable war with the rightful owners who won't back down .
Firing off weapons may only escalate the problem .
If they're cranky then why ? Is it just the basic reason that your on their land ?

I see four options but I'm certainly not suggesting you take any of them because it's none of my business .
Option 1 , pack up and leave before something goes wrong . Your not the first to have this happen and I suspect many properties are sold to unsuspecting customers who inherit the same problems as the previous owner .
Option 2 , tolerate it . Eventually it may become unbearable .
Option 3 , fight . A dangerous move which may result in more aggressive intimidation .
Option 4 , diplomacy/compensation . Get hubby to go to the furtherest part of the property and leave a bunch of bannanas at dawn or dusk . Speak to them in a reassuring manner . They won't understand what he's saying but they'll get the picture that you want peace . The problem is that you'll be creating a precedent and may have to continue with the compensation . If your prepared to try this then it must be at the same spot at the same time each time , dusk/dawn . Never any more than once a week , never give them too much food and always leave it in the exact same spot . Always speak to them , they're primitve people and they may very well respond to what you both want .
An aboriginal friend once told me , "you can do much better with sugar than you can with salt"
These are obviously just suggestions and you should take the appropriate course that you feel is the correct one .
Russell......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ChrisV
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by ChrisV » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:57 am

" Option 4 , diplomacy/compensation . Get hubby to go to the furtherest part of the property and leave a bunch of bannanas at dawn or dusk . Speak to them in a reassuring manner . They won't understand what he's saying but they'll get the picture that you want peace . The problem is that you'll be creating a precedent and may have to continue with the compensation . If your prepared to try this then it must be at the same spot at the same time each time , dusk/dawn . Never any more than once a week , never give them too much food and always leave it in the exact same spot . Always speak to them , they're primitve people and they may very well respond to what you both want . "

Rusty would it be fair to say - in comparison to other wildlife that is fed and become use to human contact , that if you were to say leave a bunch of bananas out for this mystery visitor that it might somehow become more accustomed to human contact? This could in turn encourage the visitor closer to the residence once the connection is made between the gift and the giver.
I hate to see it approach the house and the shotgun being discharged in self defense etc.

Rusty2
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Rusty2 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:48 am

Hey Chris , yes it would become more accustomed to us humans . I fed them for 16 months straight every Saturday morning at first light , never missed a morning . It wasn't long before I could tell that they were happy with the arrangement of free food in return for a friendship . I'm sure it's the case that there is a default position from them of distrust . Trust and respect must be earnt on both sides , friendship building . They don't trust you , you don't trust them .

What you say about approaching the house is correct and this is why I mention to feed them at the furthest part of the property and only at the furthest part of the property . They will soon figure out that that is the only place they'll get some tucker . Of course there is a risk that they might start approaching the house which I wouldn't want to happen to anyone but it may just settle things down if they're getting something for being inconvenienced .

Each of the options aren't going to be any fun and option 3 and 4 contain risks . If it's intolerable then feeding them might be a risk worth taking , keeping in mind that leaving should be included as plan b and ready to go if anything should happen .

Difficult choices ........

Mad Academic
Silver Status

Unread post by Mad Academic » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:53 pm

Rusty2 wrote:Hey Chris , yes it would become more accustomed to us humans . I fed them for 16 months straight every Saturday morning at first light , never missed a morning . It wasn't long before I could tell that they were happy with the arrangement of free food in return for a friendship . I'm sure it's the case that there is a default position from them of distrust . Trust and respect must be earnt on both sides , friendship building . They don't trust you , you don't trust them .

What you say about approaching the house is correct and this is why I mention to feed them at the furthest part of the property and only at the furthest part of the property . They will soon figure out that that is the only place they'll get some tucker . Of course there is a risk that they might start approaching the house which I wouldn't want to happen to anyone but it may just settle things down if they're getting something for being inconvenienced .

Each of the options aren't going to be any fun and option 3 and 4 contain risks . If it's intolerable then feeding them might be a risk worth taking , keeping in mind that leaving should be included as plan b and ready to go if anything should happen .

I think you have given a good assessment and sensible advice, Rusty.
It is up to the owners/residents to decide what they'll do.
I hope they continue to post their experiences.

MA

millstoneridge

Unread post by millstoneridge » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:29 pm

(happy)
Rusty2 wrote:If it was them , then , was the wallaby a gift or a threat ? There was a member here once who had a bbq with farmers 15 k's down the road , can't remember the details . They'd seen the yowie regularly and described him as being built like Arnold Schwarzenegger , naked , hairy etc .
The yowie was taking the owners very expensive sheep . The yowie apparently once left a bunch of wild grapes or figs or something similar on the wall of THE DAM and it was believed to be compensation for the farmers loss . You could say that the most important things needed for survival are food and water . He/she left food right next to your water source .
Was the wallaby a gift to compensate you for the loss of your dogs and you didnt realise it ? In my mind , the missing head was just the kill method . The missing arm may have been taken for a snack . It may have been a gift of food . It might sound disgusting to us but a wallaby is food to them . I just can't see them leaving all that food to go to waste .

If it was a threat I would have expected a stripped carcass , a head on it's own or a pile of guts . A friend of mine was once walking through a popular national park early in the morning . He got a feeling of being watched and felt very uncomfortable . As he walked around the corner there was a fresh wombats head sitting on a rock . He turned around and left . I had an experience myself once . I was returning continually to one place that had activity . After a number of entries into that place , there seemed to be a comotion happening while I was there . After returning again to the same place I found guts on the ground where I had my cameras . Picture below . I got the message pretty quickly that they weren't very happy with me being there and I stopped going to that place .

Have the recent experiences been threatening , stomping and banging ? Have you felt threatened ?
Have you contacted the previous owners , maybe they can help with information . Did they leave for the same reasons ? How many people have owned that property in what time frame ? What I'm trying to say is , this may be an unwinnable war with the rightful owners who won't back down .
If they're cranky then why ? Is it just the basic reason that your on their land ?

I see four options but I'm certainly not suggesting you take any of them because it's none of my business .
Option 1 , pack up and leave before something goes wrong . Your not the first to have this happen and I suspect many properties are sold to unsuspecting customers who inherit the same problems as the previous owner .
Option 3 , fight . A dangerous move which may result in more aggressive intimidation .
Option 4 , diplomacy/compensation . Get hubby to go to the furtherest part of the property and leave a bunch of bannanas at dawn or dusk . Speak to them in a reassuring manner . They won't understand what he's saying but they'll get the picture that you want peace . The problem is that you'll be creating a precedent and may have to continue with the compensation . If your prepared to try this then it must be at the same spot at the same time each time , dusk/dawn . Never any more than once a week , never give them too much food and always leave it in the exact same spot . Always speak to them , they're primitve people and they may very well respond to what you both want .
An aboriginal friend once told me , "you can do much better with sugar than you can with salt"
These are obviously just suggestions and you should take the appropriate course that you feel is the correct one .
Russell......

We have been here for 17 years, has only become an issue in the last 18 months culminating with the disappearance of the shepherds. House has been built for 9 years. We are hoping things may settle now the shepherds are gone, though we miss them dearly and were probably tying to protect us, the maremma protects the livestock but is not overly aggressive like the shepherds were.

Hubby is interested in trialling the food compensation trick, we'll also put up a trail camera and see what we get. Below the house on the other side of the gully is thick bush, and we have heard large animals running through it, bashing and stomping/banging, around the time the shepherds disappeared (before and just after their disappearance). When this is happening the maremma becomes increasingly anxious, we know when something is around as his behaviour changes, more withdrawn/sooky and reluctant to leave house yard - we have had him since a pup and he is now 8 years old. I note that the difference in dog breeds - the german shepherds were protective and aggressive when needed and would attack to protect, the maremma is stand offish and barks from a safe distance (bloody sook).

We don't want to fight and hubby only used the shotgun out of fear and then realised that this is not possibly the best option as it could make things worse.

So, plan is to try food option and get trail camera and see what happens, I guess.

ChrisV
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by ChrisV » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:49 am

millstoneridge wrote:(happy)
Rusty2 wrote:If it was them , then , was the wallaby a gift or a threat ? There was a member here once who had a bbq with farmers 15 k's down the road , can't remember the details . They'd seen the yowie regularly and described him as being built like Arnold Schwarzenegger , naked , hairy etc .

Russell......

We have been here for 17 years, has only become an issue in the last 18 months culminating with the disappearance of the shepherds. House has been built for 9 years. We are hoping things may settle now the shepherds are gone, though we miss them dearly and were probably tying to protect us, the maremma protects the livestock but is not overly aggressive like the shepherds were.

Hubby is interested in trialling the food compensation trick, we'll also put up a trail camera and see what we get. Below the house on the other side of the gully is thick bush, and we have heard large animals running through it, bashing and stomping/banging, around the time the shepherds disappeared (before and just after their disappearance). When this is happening the maremma becomes increasingly anxious, we know when something is around as his behaviour changes, more withdrawn/sooky and reluctant to leave house yard - we have had him since a pup and he is now 8 years old. I note that the difference in dog breeds - the german shepherds were protective and aggressive when needed and would attack to protect, the maremma is stand offish and barks from a safe distance (bloody sook).

We don't want to fight and hubby only used the shotgun out of fear and then realised that this is not possibly the best option as it could make things worse.

So, plan is to try food option and get trail camera and see what happens, I guess.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss regarding your dogs. That must of been difficult. I must be hard to contain the anger when you lose a beloved pet to something that could be quite possibly intelligent and potentially hospitable ( I use those words very carefully )

ChrisV
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by ChrisV » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:52 am

Rusty2 wrote:Hey Chris , yes it would become more accustomed to us humans . I fed them for 16 months straight every Saturday morning at first light , never missed a morning . It wasn't long before I could tell that they were happy with the arrangement of free food in return for a friendship . I'm sure it's the case that there is a default position from them of distrust . Trust and respect must be earnt on both sides , friendship building . They don't trust you , you don't trust them .

Thanks Rusty for the feedback. Its a fascinating tale and one that has the potential to be positive and negative.

After such a long time being exposed to their habits i am surprised they did not expose themselves ( not in that way! (woot) ) and allow you to see them clearly.

millstoneridge

Unread post by millstoneridge » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:38 am

ChrisV wrote:

Thanks Rusty for the feedback. Its a fascinating tale and one that has the potential to be positive and negative.

After such a long time being exposed to their habits i am surprised they did not expose themselves ( not in that way! (woot) ) and allow you to see them clearly.

We have felt like something has been watching us for some time, particularly down the back of the property. We rarely venture into the gully below the house as it is so overgrown. Interestingly when I do the maremma gets anxious and goes with me, pressing up against me as he is very protective of me, particularly when hubby isn't around.

Around the time the german shepherd's disappeared, the first inclination we had that there was something tangible there was the shepherds aggressively barking in the gully and the maremma hiding on the verandah, hubby shone torch around, there is a clump of trees below the house (200m) with clear line of view to the house, and about 50 metres from the coverage of thick bush in the gully. Hubby noted a big bipedal creature with bright eyes standing in the trees. The torch is high powered, it ran off through the bush , banging and crashing and then sounded like it was bashing something up against a tree, about three or four times. It appeared again the next night. In a straight line from Krambach we are not far, and Krambach has had known yowie sightings.

Interestingly, does anyone know if they have some type of psychic ability? Hubby had a strange dream after the shepherds disappeared that he was sitting on the edge of a waterhole, with a yowie present telling him that they just want to be friends.

ChrisV
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by ChrisV » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:11 am

millstoneridge wrote:
ChrisV wrote:

We have felt like something has been watching us for some time, particularly down the back of the property. We rarely venture into the gully below the house as it is so overgrown. Interestingly when I do the maremma gets anxious and goes with me, pressing up against me as he is very protective of me, particularly when hubby isn't around.

Around the time the german shepherd's disappeared, the first inclination we had that there was something tangible there was the shepherds aggressively barking in the gully and the maremma hiding on the verandah, hubby shone torch around, there is a clump of trees below the house (200m) with clear line of view to the house, and about 50 metres from the coverage of thick bush in the gully. Hubby noted a big bipedal creature with bright eyes standing in the trees. The torch is high powered, it ran off through the bush , banging and crashing and then sounded like it was bashing something up against a tree, about three or four times. It appeared again the next night. In a straight line from Krambach we are not far, and Krambach has had known yowie sightings.

Interestingly, does anyone know if they have some type of psychic ability? Hubby had a strange dream after the shepherds disappeared that he was sitting on the edge of a waterhole, with a yowie present telling him that they just want to be friends.
There is a lot of debate I guess you would call it regarding whether these psychic abilities are applicable to Yowies etc.....personally I have no idea but some folks swear by it.
There are a few books about the subject with some interesting evidence to support these claims.

Rusty2
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Rusty2 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:47 am

Stomping , smashing and banging something against a tree is a protest . They're protesting . (taz) It's sounds like they've tolerated you till the dobermans arrived and that may have been the last straw . The dogs may have been chasing away all the wildlife/food , making it more difficult to access tucker and to survive .

Maybe they even have children that they're concerned about and to have two unrestricted attack dogs to deal with would be concerning for any parent . Maybe there was an incident with the dobermans attacking the yowie family and the dogs were considered too dangerous and terminated . The new dog may be the latest problem for them , stopping them from accessing something that they're entitled to or restricting their freedom of movement .

You've mentioned here before that there wasn't a problem until the dobermans arrived . The new dog may be the new problem , would he or she hunt , wander or attack ?
They going to want peace , quiet and freedom of movement . If something is stopping this then that's the problem . A ONE OFF peace offering wouldn't hurt either .

millstoneridge

Unread post by millstoneridge » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:43 am

Rusty2 wrote:Stomping , smashing and banging something against a tree is a protest . They're protesting . (taz) It's sounds like they've tolerated you till the shepherds arrived and that may have been the last straw . The dogs may have been chasing away all the wildlife/food , making it more difficult to access tucker and to survive .

Maybe they even have children that they're concerned about and to have two unrestricted attack dogs to deal with would be concerning for any parent . Maybe there was an incident with the shepherds attacking the yowie family and the dogs were considered too dangerous and terminated . The new dog may be the latest problem for them , stopping them from accessing something that they're entitled to or restricting their freedom of movement .

You've mentioned here before that there wasn't a problem until the shepherds arrived . The new dog may be the new problem , would he or she hunt , wander or attack ?
They going to want peace , quiet and freedom of movement . If something is stopping this then that's the problem . A ONE OFF peace offering wouldn't hurt either .

The new dog is a border collie and stays on the verandah, the maremma is 8 years old and has patrolled for years without incident, growing up from a pup here. The collie is not aggressive, just has a nasty bark (usually from the safety of the house).

Have ordered a trail camera so we'll put that u near known sighting points and see what happens. Interestingly I have had work colleagues report seeing yowie like creatures out on the main road (we are on an isolated side road) during the day, I saw one several years back when heading to a night shift, just stepped off into the bush (sweeping bend so I didn't have the opportunity to get a good look other than it was about 8 ft tall and covered in a dark red-brown hair), aboriginal work mate confirming legends about them here.

macquariedave

Unread post by macquariedave » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:11 pm

millstoneridge wrote: The new dog is a border collie and stays on the verandah, the maremma is 8 years old and has patrolled for years without incident, growing up from a pup here. The collie is not aggressive, just has a nasty bark (usually from the safety of the house).

Have ordered a trail camera so we'll put that u near known sighting points and see what happens. Interestingly I have had work colleagues report seeing yowie like creatures out on the main road (we are on an isolated side road) during the day, I saw one several years back when heading to a night shift, just stepped off into the bush (sweeping bend so I didn't have the opportunity to get a good look other than it was about 8 ft tall and covered in a dark red-brown hair), aboriginal work mate confirming legends about them here.
Zeroing in on Krambach on Google Earth and trying to guess where you may be more precisely, but I appreciate you would not want to reveal any more information regarding exact locality.

millstoneridge

Unread post by millstoneridge » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:48 pm

Krambach Yowie made a story on 'The Extraordinary' in 1993

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkZTafgNU9U

millstoneridge

Unread post by millstoneridge » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:06 pm

we are located 10km Gloucester side of Krambach, about 7km off the Bucketts Way

ChrisV
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by ChrisV » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:17 am

millstoneridge wrote:Krambach Yowie made a story on 'The Extraordinary' in 1993

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkZTafgNU9U

Sounds like you have a media star there!!

ChrisV
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by ChrisV » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:17 am

Rusty2 wrote:Stomping , smashing and banging something against a tree is a protest . They're protesting . (taz) It's sounds like they've tolerated you till the dobermans arrived and that may have been the last straw . The dogs may have been chasing away all the wildlife/food , making it more difficult to access tucker and to survive .

Maybe they even have children that they're concerned about and to have two unrestricted attack dogs to deal with would be concerning for any parent . Maybe there was an incident with the dobermans attacking the yowie family and the dogs were considered too dangerous and terminated . The new dog may be the latest problem for them , stopping them from accessing something that they're entitled to or restricting their freedom of movement .

You've mentioned here before that there wasn't a problem until the dobermans arrived . The new dog may be the new problem , would he or she hunt , wander or attack ?

Makes sense and very logical .....

GlennO87
Bronze Status

Unread post by GlennO87 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:01 am

Any updates on this?????

Ray Doherty
Long Time Contributor
Position: Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: www.facebook.com/theaustralianyowieproject

Unread post by Ray Doherty » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:09 pm

This is the first chance I have had to be able to submit a reply to this post. Great story, thank for positing it. Whilst my research has gone a little quiet I have been spending the last two years cultivating contacts with the Aboriginal community, especially in the more remote area’s in North Queensland where the stories seem almost unbelievable however true none the less from their country.

After having witnessing their behaviour the last 8 years myself, I have been speaking at length with my contacts above who, themselves have had numerous and very close encounters and have observed this behaviour many many times, assuming it is them who is responsible, which my contact believe it is. Their contacts could be described as intimate, not in some kind of sexual thing but rather a closer relationship, more like a mutual recognition and respect for each other of the land and who share the country

According my contacts they believe that it would more than likely be a younger male who has come into his own and had claimed the area for himself. Often the younger one are forced out when they reach a certain age to reduce competition for aging alpha male. We see the same behaviour in Gorilla’s. The disappearance of the dogs, if he is responsible, was most likely threat reduction. It would see the dogs as competition for food not distinguishing between domestic or wild dogs.

The Wallaby outside of your house was more than likely a gift, recognition of you and your family as the dominant people of the area that they wish to share. Curiosity is their greatest downfall. They cite a case in a location up north where the aboriginal people fish a river that they refer to as ‘his’ river (Hairy man) and the practice of leaving a fish for him, hanging on tree’s, after they themselves have taken plenty goes back as far back as anyone knows of sharing the resources. If people choose not to respect the rules and leave the fish they tell me he comes into or near the camp at night and lets his dissatisfaction known

The same people and about another 4 klms down the river, have a similar relationship (know one knows if it’s the same one or not but they always refer to it as ‘him’ or ‘He’) where occasionally they find a dead wallaby at the entrance to their camp. They see this as a gift and if they hunt and kill something they leave in the same place in reciprocal fashion – once again according to my contacts this has been going on for thousands of years as far as they know but my contacts have personally witnesses their themselves many times. They will share water holes where the human will not enter at night as it is his time they say

So in conclusion, my contacts believe you have a similar thing happening where you are, perhaps his night time noise making is his way or trying to make you engage with him or perhaps he was offended you did take it or leave something for him. If you do leave something, make sure its corns, or mangoes or some really nice melon fruit – they love it. If you find another Wallaby perhaps take it home (even though you will most likely dispose of it) but let him think you accepted it if that is indeed what you are dealing with, w0uld love to hear updates :D

Cheers

Ray
'I want to believe'

Ray Doherty
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Ray Doherty » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:20 pm

I forgot to mention that according to my friends gift to you can take many forms, from food, to meat, stick and rock piles or even fruit or something else, either-way take and leave a little thing back in its place. I also has a similar story told to me by an Indian friend of mine from British Columbia where his people as recent as the turn of the 20th century into the 1940's would leave meat for Sasquatch and he in turn would leave massive dead logs to use as firewood, fascinating stories.

Ray
'I want to believe'

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Yowie bait » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:42 pm

Wow thats amazing info Ray. Sounds fair enuff.
Yowie Bait

wellymon
Gold Status - Frequent Poster

Unread post by wellymon » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:45 pm

Ray Doherty wrote: According my contacts they believe that it would more than likely be a younger male who has come into his own and had claimed the area for himself. Often the younger one are forced out when they reach a certain age to reduce competition for aging alpha male. We see the same behaviour in Gorilla’s. The disappearance of the dogs, if he is responsible, was most likely threat reduction. It would see the dogs as competition for food not distinguishing between domestic or wild dogs.

Ray
Hi Ray,
How are you, I was beginning to wonder about your research, as of late.
Thanks again for the great information. (happy)

As you have stated above, IMO, this is probably happening around my piece of dirt at the moment, i.e a younger male as you speak off.
Very similar antics!
He?she is hanging around I might add (thumb)

Cheers
Wellymon

Rusty2
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Rusty2 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:54 pm

Makes perfect sense Ray .

wellymon
Gold Status - Frequent Poster

Unread post by wellymon » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:15 pm

Ray Doherty wrote:I forgot to mention that according to my friends gift to you can take many forms, from food, to meat, stick and rock piles or even fruit or something else, either-way take and leave a little thing back in its place. I also has a similar story told to me by an Indian friend of mine from British Columbia where his people as recent as the turn of the 20th century into the 1940's would leave meat for Sasquatch and he in turn would leave massive dead logs to use as firewood, fascinating stories.

Ray

Really fascinating Ray, that is great.

Wow, I think I need to leave, half a side of lamb/pork or beef, next to my firewood shed.
As I need to drop some old dead trees and bring them up from the bottom, which is too much hard work. (lol)

Searcher
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Searcher » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:09 pm

Top post, Ray.

That’s great advice for millstone ridge and others on how to deal with a ‘situation’. The guidance from the original owners of this land is enlightening and appreciated.

Ray Doherty
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Ray Doherty » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:31 pm

Cheers all, these contact I have been building have told me some incredible and fascinating information and I am working with them in trying to put it all together, some of it is just unbelievable

Yeah Welly, getting there, been slowed down alot by a thing called work! its outrageous I have to work during the day and not chasing yowies lol
but getting there slowly got a little bit of new stuff but really been trying to build this network as I think it is really important. I would like to think I can get some better stuff this year if time allows.

Stay well
'I want to believe'

Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Position: Nature Lover

Unread post by Wolf » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:53 pm

millstoneridge wrote:
I have spent decades studying the subconscious, or 'inner self'. It is my understanding that 'spirit', 'god', whatever you want to name it is deep within us all and accessible only when we stop the 'monkey chatter' of our conscious mind from interfering with 'the message'.

This is why children learn so fast. In fact, the younger they are the faster they learn.... it is because their minds are in what scientists call the 'Alpha levels', where the neural pathways all fire together, rather than 'sparking' randomly all over the place when in what scientists call 'Beta levels'.

As we grow older we spend more and more of our waking hours in Beta until as adults we can only experience Alpha when asleep and dreaming (unless we train ourselves like the Rishis of India).
The subconscious (Alpha level) has no 'restrictions' or 'filters' on it like the conscious mind (Beta level) does. It therefore 'notices' things the conscious does not.
An interesting point... the most disruptive, muddying, 'filter' for the conscious mind is fear.

Dreams are therefore very powerful messages from our subconscious, especially if our conscious minds are confused or in doubt about something.
This is when our subconscious 'steps up' and gives our conscious minds the 'message' it needs.
Man's greatest inventions came from dreams. For example, the 'DNA shape' came to the 'inventor' in a dream about a spiral staircase.

In short, I believe it is your hubby's deep subconscious mind at work, rather than any type of 'psychic ability' on behalf of the hairy one. His subconscious knows the yowie just wants to be friends so communicated that fact to his conscious via the dream.
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground https://www.sasquatchstories.com