New Yowie Book Release

This board is open for discussion on the Australian Yowie, Bigfoot, Yeti & Sasquatch. Please keep on topic in this forum.
Dean Harrison
AYR Webmaster
Position: Field Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/Dean.Harrison.AYR

New Yowie Book Release

Unread post by Dean Harrison » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:55 am

Brett Green has a Pre-Sale for Book 1, of a Limited Edition of a 4 part Yowie book series due out the first Week of March.

This series is said to contain not only witness reports, but according to Brett, a few unexpected surprises.

There have only ever been two decent books on the Yowie in the past (as far as I'm concerned), both by Paul Cropper and Tony Healy.

Both Paul and Tony's books sold out quickly (I still have 10 of each), so I for one are ordering a few copies before these are gone also.

I haven't read the book yet, so I'm not in the position to comment on it with any Authority. Simply the messenger with information from the Yowie Grapevine. I hope these are good ones.

Lissa has put a link on our Homepage with information and ordering options.

DMH
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The closure of people's minds, understandings and boundaries are subject to either current environmental pressures brewed by ignorance or insecurities sculptured by pre-environmental education whereby they know no better - Dean Harrison

Dion
Long Time Contributor
Position: Researcher

Re: New Yowie Book Release

Unread post by Dion » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:04 pm

I shall put my order in in the next few days. :wink:
“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.” - Nikola Tesla

User formally known as chewy

Bow Hunter
Silver Status

Unread post by Bow Hunter » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:49 pm

cant wait to hear stories from where i was born and surrounds how much for copy??
I Hunt, I Fish & I Love It....
Fast cars, Slow women,

Dean Harrison
AYR Webmaster

Unread post by Dean Harrison » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:53 pm

Details on our Homepage.

DMH
The closure of people's minds, understandings and boundaries are subject to either current environmental pressures brewed by ignorance or insecurities sculptured by pre-environmental education whereby they know no better - Dean Harrison

horserider
Long Time Contributor
Position: Spiritual

Unread post by horserider » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:24 pm

ive made my order envelope & cheque ready!! :) just got to pop it in the postbox tomorrow! exciting!

Thanks (happy)

MrHead181
Silver Status

Unread post by MrHead181 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:14 pm

Will be getting a copy. Malcolm Smith,bunyips and bigfoots is also a very good read. Hard to find but worth looking for.
Cheers
Tony.
Yowies are real, people are fake.
Tony

Jo Blose
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Position: Lurker

Unread post by Jo Blose » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:35 am

The books are a collection of yowie reports/stories/tales passed on to the author and collected over a thirty to forty year period. Many of the stories are told in the first person and are exclusive to these books, having not appeared anywhere else previously. The stories are properly referenced and no attempt is made by the author to analyse, judge, or insert private opinions, but instead the theme is to simply present each story accurately as they were received by the author. Make no mistake, this is a collection of interesting and in some cases highly entertaining stories, not an academic textbook of exhaustive research theories.

As Dean has pointed out, the books are expected to also contain a few surprises which will no doubt delight many with an interest in this field.

I have had the privilege of perusing the first book and can say these books look destined to be an entertaining addition to anybody's Australian cryptozoology book collection, especially for those with a fondness towards yowie reports. If anything, the books may be an eye opener to just how widespread claimed yowie sightings in Australia are, and how diverse some of the stories can be. The books may also punctuate that many claimed sightings occur in particular regions. The bulk of the stories in the first two books are from Queensland, but I am told the later editions will primarily consist of stories from the other Australian states.

This is my plug for the book, from one with an inside look, and yes I will be ordering a number of them.

TwoCrows
Position: Arm-Chair Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... file.php?i

Unread post by TwoCrows » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:38 pm

Anxious to get this one. I'll order this week. Just hope it doesn't take forever to get here to the states.

andrew

Unread post by andrew » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:18 pm

In Healy & Cropper's (2006) "The Yowie: In Search of Australia's Bigfoot" - Brett Green is generously described by the authors as being a "Gympie historian". Perhaps, a more accurate description would be "pseudo-historian and documented hoaxer".

Dr. Elaine Brown, Local History Officer for the Gympie Regional Libraries, has exposed a number of Green's fabrications including the bogus John Green pioneer diaries (a less-than-skilful mix of local indigenous history and Green's rollicking fiction), a fake photograph of the summit of the infamous "Gympie Pyramid" (a now-demolished man-made hill that has been the subject of outlandish speculation even though successfully debunked on several occasions), and several modern-yet-supposedly-ancient sculptures allegedly found at the site of the "pyramid".

Is this guy above the same person as the author of this new book?

andrew

Unread post by andrew » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:27 pm

The yowie Mrx wrote:I did find this Andrew I don't no if it's the same guy or not or if it's bs or not?

I don't know for sure either Mrx. If it is the same guy, then my confidence level just dropped lower than a snake in a rut.

I guess folks will have to make up their own minds, but when it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.....

I'm going to wait to see.

Rusty2
Long Time Contributor
Position: Believer

Unread post by Rusty2 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:50 pm

Dean , Joe , does Brett Green have an undeclared history ???

Just wondering ............

Dean Harrison
AYR Webmaster

Unread post by Dean Harrison » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:50 pm

All I can say Rusty is that I have known Brett coming onto almost 15 years now, and have always known him to be a true Gentleman.

Everyone that I know that has spent time with him personally over the years/decades have nothing but glowing remarks. He's one of the last 'Nice Guys' out there.
He never has a bad word to say about anyone, and keeps pretty much to himself.

It seems the only people who attack him, are those with differing opinions, who have never really known him personally. Anything controversial is always picked apart.

I'm not an expert on the Pyramid site or the Diaries, therefore I can't comment.

In regards to the book and the secrets, well, yes, I have seen the 'secrets'.

It's up to the reader to form their own opinions, but please, only do that after the book has come out and save the assumptions until that time.

Brett is the first to put his hand up and announce he is not academic in his style of writing, he simply writes as Brett does.

I have no idea what is in them, in terms of what is written. I have not seen a draft, so I'm certainly not in the position to comment.

I can't make any assumptions about anything until I have a copy of the March release of the first book in my hands, much like anyone else.

Fair being fair, I think everyone should reserve their comments until that time. Then perhaps talk with some authority.

DMH

dawn

Unread post by dawn » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:57 pm

I don't know Mr Green, but I have known Dean for many years now and trust him completely. If he says Mr Green is a 'good guy', then thats' good enough for me.
I'm not fat.....I'm just fluffy

Dean Harrison
AYR Webmaster

Unread post by Dean Harrison » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:31 pm

Thank you Fluffy (angel)

Please nobody misunderstand me.

Quite simply there are some new Yowie books coming out. Simple as that.

I am not standing up for the books at all. As I laboriously say, I have not read them. Thus, I can't form an opinion yet.

I can however, comment on Brett as a person.

Let's just see how the books turn out....

DMH

Rusty2
Long Time Contributor
Position: Believer

Unread post by Rusty2 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:45 pm

Cool !!

Dean Harrison
AYR Webmaster

Unread post by Dean Harrison » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:51 pm

At the end of the day, if someone/anyone is putting a book out containing anything regarding the Yowe, where would people expect to come to know about it - Here - AYR.

It's what we do and what we're about. The Yowie.

DMH

NoPolys
Position: Unsure

Unread post by NoPolys » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:38 pm

I agree, we should reserve comment until after reading. Having said that, I have read Mr Greens site and while I may not agree with what he sees or his conclusions, they could, with little assumption be as correct as anyone else's regarding pre-european Australia.

There have been enough OOP atifacts popping up over the years both along the coasts and in the interior of the Australian landmass it's difficult to say diffinitively how the artifacts appeared and the chronology.

The primary focus of the book, as I understand it, is the reporting of incidents. If in fact that is the case, the information provided will assist in building the knowledge base. Conclusions drawn may differ from reader to reader.

Just my random thoughts on it. Other's mileage will vary.

Cheers

NoPolys
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan-

"There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can infer concepts from incomplete information." -unknown-

Jo Blose

Unread post by Jo Blose » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:24 pm

I'm more than a little disappointed by some of the comments above which condemn an author's works based purely on someone else's opinion.

The book in question is fully referenced and devoid of opinions passed as facts which already puts it heads and shoulders above any of Rex Gilroy's books and articles.
"Homo Erectus! It's Homo Erectus I say!" - ring a bell to anyone?

What also sets Green apart is he has previously written a straight history book in strict academic style titled, "A History of Gympie Regional Scouting 1908 - 2009". The book was launched in 2009 by a number of dignatories including the Gympie town mayor and the worldwide scouting movement founder Baden Powell's great (great) grandson. That book is held in extremely high regard in the Australian Scouting Movement as a history book and I'm certain Doctor Elaine Brown has begrudgingly been forced to keep the Gympie library's copy in the Historic section.

As for the Tales of a Warrior Series, that series of books is listed in the Sunshine Coast University's Indigenous studies course as recommended reading material. I know because I confirmed it with the course coordinator. I'm sure Doctor Elaine Brown of the Gympie Historic Society would be just thrilled to hear where that series of "fictional" books as she put it, are presently being used!

AYR disclose where possible, where reports come from. From that perspective AYR always strives to be transparent while at the same time respecting other people's wishes to remain anonymous when submitting reports. AYR also holds a collection of yowie reports spanning decades to over a hundred years. Green's book/s are by no means any different except the stories in his book/s have not been publicly aired before.

So why would AYR not promote this book?

I read above a statement that if this Brett Green is the same Brett Green from those slanderous articles, then it will kill yowie research in Australia. What a joke!!! People will continue submitting yowie reports regardless of who writes a yowie book, and the reception that book receives, and other people will continue to research the reports.

Jo Blose

Unread post by Jo Blose » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:36 am

Mr X, some people live their lives vicariously through other people's opinions, and that's fine.
Nobody is telling anybody to buy a book, just that one likely of interest, is soon going to be available.

Mr X, the way you started your sentence with, "I don't think", sums up your last post perfectly!

TwoCrows
Position: Arm-Chair Researcher
Facebook Profile Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... file.php?i

Unread post by TwoCrows » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:04 am

Dean, thanks for your input and the information.

I for one appreciate that this site post information when a new book is available. This is after all the best site to come to for Yowie information so I would expect no less.

I, for one, will be purchasing a copy though I don't feel like anyone was telling me I should.

I also agree with you Joe, it's sad that someone is condeming an author's work based on another's opinion. We should all use our minds to draw our own conclusions once we've reviewed the material.

The yowie Mrx
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by The yowie Mrx » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:51 am

(lol)What are you talking about Joe you should see a Doctor. (jest)
Last edited by The yowie Mrx on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neil Frost
Position: New Member

Unread post by Neil Frost » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:49 am

G’day,

Two dooligahl are walking stealthily through the Blue Mountains World Heritage National Park when one spots a Homo sapiens. Turning disappointingly to his companion, he says “I forgot to bring my camera, did you remember?” Lost for words the other dooligahl replied “mook, mook, mook”.

Neil
a = 32 mm; b = 50.4 mm; c > 66.67 mm and < 68.11 mm IPD. From film neg degree separation 0.25˚ to 0.3˚ @ 13500 mm = IPD > 58.9 mm and < 70.7 mm. Mean IPD from average of both methods = 66.1 mm. Max pupil dilation ≈ 30 mm. Eye height ≈ 1850 mm.

BJGreen
Team Member

Unread post by BJGreen » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 pm

I don't normally reply to people who go out of their way to give out unwarranted criticism - I did take offence regarding comments.

Ref Elaine Brown who was critical of my aboriginal research due to her connection with land claimants at the time is no longer connected to the Gympie Library as a "local historian" (by political appointment) and has not been for some time after a sudden "resignation". Elaine and I were at loggerheads for some time concerning mattters of local history and because I would not let her get access to historical files held by me since the 1860's for her thesis and a later book she wrote that has since been taken off the shelves - she took her revenge by many means.

However, I am (she's not) still here with many of my research writings being held in various learning institutions especially Aboriginal Corporations - so much for "hoaxing"! I'd make a bet you have never seen or read any of my work over the past 20 years .

Same with the Gympie Pyramid writings - if you had read the book, you would get the REAL story whether all claims were fact or fiction - I have an open mind on the subject and at least the story has been told - warts and all!

I would suggest Andrew get all his facts straight before degrading "Yowie Tales" and my reputation as a genuine researcher and writer. Those who know me - know me as the person that I am - and I do not take kindly to fools who take to anomalous means to "knock" one down using the Internet to express defamatory remarks.

My thanks to those who have defended my reputation.

B J Green
Brett J. Green
Historian/Author/Aboriginal Cultural Researcher

SAB 8
Position: Paranormal Researcher

Unread post by SAB 8 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:08 pm

Hi Brett, congratulations on your book, I am sure it will make for some interesting reading...

You seem to be pretty forthright in your last post and have no problems clarifying things for us from your perspective, that being the case I was wondering if you could give us some information on the cover image as I find it very intriguing? I am sure it is covered in the book but since you are on the forum I couldn`t pass up the chance to ask you!
Rules of debunking
Any conventional explanation is better than none.
Don`t bother me with the facts my mind is made up.
If one can`t attack the data, attack the people, it is easier!
Do one`s research by proclamation; investigation is too much trouble.

BJGreen
Team Member

Unread post by BJGreen » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:34 am

Thanks for your comment. I believe Dean has been copping some flak from some so-called friends and associates over his kind promotion for me on Yowie Tales with my credibility being questioned. I would like to make it clear that Dean was doing me a favour as an old friend and he should not be "hauled over the coals"!
The book Yowie Tales was designed as a general read for the public to help them understand the stories behind the legend and is in no way controversial.
All I am going to say is that the cover image was taken from a genuine photograph from 1998; verified; and has been kept under "wraps"since then along with 3 others. I am yet to decide whether to keep it in or not due to some making adverse comments on forum and directly at Dean - he has copped enough s..... in the past and I would not like him to have further stabs in the back for doing me a favour. The book will go ahead (with or without changes) with printing starting shortly.
BJG
Brett J. Green

BJGreen
Team Member

Unread post by BJGreen » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:43 am

To Rusty 2
No declared history needed after 14 published books and 8 CD E-Books sold in 87 countries - not all you read on the Internet by those with a grudge can be taken as Gospel! The trouble is you can't take it down - mud sticks - whether it is warranted or not!
BJG
Brett J. Green

Jim Hocking
Silver Status

Unread post by Jim Hocking » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:31 pm

Looking forward to my copy of Bretts book.
I cant understand the Negativity on here about a book, written about a subject that is not supposed to even exist.
Non of us would even be on this site if we didn't believe in them, or at least have an interest in them.
Brett I like your reference to "Old Dean". I have never thought of him in that way. (lol)
With Yowie, seeing is believing and reading or hearing tales on them is enjoyable to me. Thats why I come to this site.
Enjoy it.
My Real name.

Bow Hunter
Silver Status

Unread post by Bow Hunter » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:31 pm

when is your book coming out dean? if u havnt already and i have missed it!
I Hunt, I Fish & I Love It....
Fast cars, Slow women,

selkiedarre
Position: Skeptic
Facebook Profile Page: www.facebook.com/selkie.cranwell

Unread post by selkiedarre » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:14 pm

Thank you Brett for setting the record straight (and having the patience to do so)... its always nice to hear things from the actual horse's mouth :)
Impossibility is purely an illusion... made by a possibility one has yet to be exposed to

Dean Harrison
AYR Webmaster

Unread post by Dean Harrison » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi Bow Hunter,

Had many requests and made many starts over the years, however I always have far too many distractions, and a short attention span doesnt help. My hat is off to anyone who can complete a book.

Perhaps in the future.....

For now, the best I can do is provide an informative Website for interested people and Researchers alike, and make other peoples books on such topics made known.

DMH