Finally I got to see the "Hairy One" in flesh and blood.

This board is open for all matters and discussions pertaining to the Australian Yowie. Please keep on topic in this forum.
wellymon
Gold Status - Frequent Poster
Position: Believer

Finally I got to see the "Hairy One" in flesh and blood.

Unread post by wellymon » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:54 pm

Hi All,

Well this morning was what I've been trying to find out for a longtime, whilst living here.
We have always believed they are around, with the numerous stick signs, structure, tracks, vocal /knocking communications and listening to them tracking through the bush, on the edge of our section.

This year the activity has really got out of control and has escalated tenfold.
I have an assumption, that a family has now moved in and are living close!

The last 3-4 days I have been so focused with the bush, down the backyard.
Always on the look out.

About 4 days ago I found so many tracks, signs etc. To me it feels and looks like they have been living there. The little walk was only a 3-400m loop which took 4 hrs, playing hide and seek with the 'Hairy One' was very interesting to say the least. Going from one tree to the next, hiding, sneaking a view around one side down low, then standing up and sneaking a view around the other side.
I never had binoculars on my walk and could not make out clearly what was following me, hiding behind low scrub, lantana and trees. I could hear em tho.

So I went and brought a nice little pair of Nikon 25x10 binoculars. Wow what a difference.
The last 3 days being at home working on my bathroom renovation, whilst having regular breaks on the back deck and scanning deeper into the bush.

The thing that gets me since I went for my reconnaissance walk, is that they are walking around during the day, all day.
As well at night.

This morning I drove down the road and back, whilst opening the back door. I looked down into the bush for a quick glance and I must of startled something, as a small branch moved vigorously by itself. Roughly 80-90m from the house, in a little gut that extends from the valley floor.

There was no wind with slight rain and mist.

I continued inside and grabbed my binoculars, keeping below the window, I slowly peaked over the window sill and look down to where the branch had moved. Sure enough after focusing, a 4-5 ft tall hairy figure was standing motionless out in the open. I watched it for a couple of minutes then the bottom of the window started to fog up.

I slowly moved up a little, then it seen me and bolted very quick back into the bush, effortlessly.

A small head, no neck, wide shoulders and covered in thick Red tinged/ Brown hair.
Their eye sight must be unbelievable, managing to see my head through a window 80m-90m away, maybe it was the binocular lens!

I was trying my utmost to be stealth, but now realising, that they have been watching us for years.
This sighting being the first time that I've seen them, just goes to show that they are the ultimate bushmen.

I'm really happy and honoured to witness one in flesh and blood.
It was only a matter of time.

My persistence over the last 3-4 days made me pretty focused, at being aware of whats in the bush. (respekt)

Welly (happy)

Searcher
Long Time Contributor

Re: Finally I got to see the "Hairy One" in flesh and blood.

Unread post by Searcher » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:19 pm

WOW, Welly... What an experience!

Finally there is proof, at least to you, of what was suspected all along.

Be nice if you were watching through a zoomed in camera lens instead of the binoculars. Next time!

macquariedave

Unread post by macquariedave » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:31 pm

Searcher wrote:WOW, Welly... What an experience!

Be nice if you were watching through a zoomed in camera lens instead of the binoculars. Next time!
Yes indeed, Welly. I've probably asked before (and by the way, have I mentioned that I've previously asked before?), where roughly are you located? And I've also mentioned before that I'm in two minds whether I want to experience a "hairy man experience" or not.

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Yowie bait » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:38 pm

Hey Welly thats awesome mate. I am really happy for you. My heart was pumping so much reading your post that i had to stop for a sec to compose myself. Only a matter of time as you say. Amazing stuff. Thanks for sharing your experience! (taz) (claps hands)
Yowie Bait

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Yowie bait » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:43 pm

macquariedave wrote:

Yes indeed, Welly. I've probably asked before (and by the way, have I mentioned that I've previously asked before?), where roughly are you located? And I've also mentioned before that I'm in two minds whether I want to experience a "hairy man experience" or not.
Believe me Dave,you dont want to have a nasty encounter. Youll end up getting into fights on work sights and sharing your feelings on an internet forum. Not to mention the nightmares and psychiatric bills..
Yowie Bait

ChrisV
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by ChrisV » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:38 am

Finally something worth cashing in ( figuratively speaking of course )
Great story.
Interesting that the window you were in was being spied on. They must be watching the windows constantly.

It makes you wonder what they are hoping to achieve by constantly watching you - whether one is keeping watch to allow others to wander freely or just curiousity.

Camera next! LOL!
Telephoto lens behind the curtains!!1 (uh uh) ...

TrevorPeters
Silver Status

Unread post by TrevorPeters » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:05 am

Congratulations Welly. I think you just got what a lot of people here would like, personal confirmation, being able to see with your own eyes.

Who cares what the sceptics think? Now you know for sure because you have seen it yourself.

May this be only the first of more sightings for you.

Mad Academic
Silver Status

Unread post by Mad Academic » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:16 am

Well done, Welly! That must have been an amazing experience.
As you say they seem to have excellent eyesight and to focus on windows....
So, why not go to the hardware store and get some of that sticky film that you put on windows to reflect most of the sunlight? That way, you can look out and see them, but they can't see you.

A decent telephoto lens and camera and you could get the ultimate photo!

All the best,

MA

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Yowie bait » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:31 am

ChrisV wrote:Finally something worth cashing in ( figuratively speaking of course )
Great story.
Interesting that the window you were in was being spied on. They must be watching the windows constantly.

It makes you wonder what they are hoping to achieve by constantly watching you - whether one is keeping watch to allow others to wander freely or just curiousity.

Camera next! LOL!
Yeah Chris i thought the same thing. Why do they need to have a sentry or whatever to watch them all the time and what do they think Welly is going to do.Maybe just sticky beaks. Theyre weird things these hairys...
Yowie Bait

ChrisV
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by ChrisV » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:53 am

Yowie bait wrote:
ChrisV wrote:Finally something worth cashing in ( figuratively speaking of course )
Great story.

Camera next! LOL!
Yeah Chris i thought the same thing. Why do they need to have a sentry or whatever to watch them all the time and what do they think Welly is going to do.Maybe just sticky beaks. Theyre weird things these hairys...

Agreed!!!
It would be so cool to actually watch them without all the c**p and politics etc - and see how they live, where they go and how they interact with their surroundings and of course humans. Welly is in a very cool situation - scary of course, but so exciting. I would be keeping it to a close audience also.....
Really interesting to see if anything happens from here...

Thumper
Silver Status

Unread post by Thumper » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:02 am

Congrats welly! That's an awesome achievement.
My mind is boogled at how hard it is to get eyes on these things!

macquariedave

Unread post by macquariedave » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:28 am

wellymon wrote:Hi All,

Well this morning was what I've been trying to find out for a longtime, whilst living here.
We have always believed they are around, with the numerous stick signs, structure, tracks, vocal /knocking communications and listening to them tracking through the bush, on the edge of our section.

<snip>
Now it/they know that you know they're there, they might be more cautious?

Wolf
Long Time Contributor
Position: Artist
Facebook Profile Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/266070257413290/

Unread post by Wolf » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:03 pm

You're out near Bonogin right?
How far from your property is the nearest creek?
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground https://www.sasquatchstories.com

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Yowie bait » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:37 pm

I wonder if that was a young one and he got caught out? Might have got a good clip across the ear when he bolted back and informed the alpha that Welly saw him. Bloody hilarious when you think about it. Theyre a strange lot these hairys!
Yowie Bait

adventurer
Position: New Member

Unread post by adventurer » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:58 pm

Congrats! I am so jealous, very happy for someone to have seen one. How exciting. My turn next????

wellymon

Unread post by wellymon » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:14 pm

Hi All,

Good comments everyone, I'm lucky to say the least, due to timing, persistence, living where I live and believing in something that others scoff at.

I feel inside my own head, that after all these years of hearing, seeing signs, smelling and having weird occurances happen to me and my wife. That i'm full filled in a sense of my own state of mind, for a little bit there I thought I was going crazy and was so obsessed about nothing, if you know what I mean!

Heaps of thoughts are going through my mind about this particular "Hairy One".

Inquisitive!

A young one!

Now seeing him/her I don't feel so intimated, as opposed to seeing an 8 footer.

Why do we get watched and probably have been continuously watched for years, are we like a TV screen to them?

All the stick structures they leave, big and small.

The sounds of communications between them, that we have got used to. Thanks to Rusty listening to his audios, which made both us have increased awareness.

How this experience for myself has speculated over the the last 6-8 months. I feel I have started to play their game as well, with leaving my own stick signs, near theirs or at entry/exits to their main paths. Even the other day down on my section, playing hiding seek, cause I knew they were there following me, watching me.

Maybe they trust me/us and want to communicate somehow. I kind of feel this as, the presence closer to the house has become greater.
Last night the presence around the house was seen today with stick structures, outside the bathroom window, on the bank of the driveway and down in front, all within 8-10 m from the house. They haven't been that close before.

Maybe I'm becoming so aware of their little stick signs they leave, some are so intricate, about a foot square, with various little different twigs intertwined. You can tell these have been placed by them and not from natural occurrence, wind etc.

Our house is on stilts on moderate steep land, looking down. We have no blinds to our windows, which all look over the bush, out to oblivion. I have always felt safer so to speak up high, as opposed to being on the ground and them peering above us!
Sometimes we are up till 12 at night working on projects downstairs, at their level, with flood lights on, compressor going, staple guns, spraying, hammering pretty much fabricating.

Maybe the inquisitiveness of us using tools, with sounds, with us talking and communicating to each other.
This probably to them is interesting, as I'm pretty sure none of our neighbours are like this?

I'm beginning to think, that they climb the trees around us, to get up high and get a better view.
Some trees have worn marks spaced 8-10 ft apart, sometimes more, all the way up 30-35m.

As for the family presence, the communication between members, bigger trees snapped, which I don't believe the one I saw could do that? The size of various stick signs, some 8 ft long branches the size of your arm and some minute ones, intricate weaving. Alot more tracks around, a bigger presence so to speak.

As the photo thing goes, yeah well it could happen I suppose, but maybe maybe not, maybe that was a chance in a million, What happens when a descent photo goes viral, do I have a thousand alpha macho hunters coming around trying to shoot or capture these "Hairy Ones". So they can have glory, or put them in a zoo, like every other living thing on this planet?

Um thats a tricky one IMO.

Anyways.

I feel very lucky and have always thought this, that the "Hairy Ones" come to our territory.
I don't have to drive hours to a research site, where they can hear and see me coming.
I honestly believe that this is a big difference.

Many of hours to say the least have been spent on the back deck, being quiet listening, hoping to see something.

Finally (cool)

Cheers
Welly (happy)

wellymon

Unread post by wellymon » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:23 pm

macquariedave wrote:

Thats funny Dave, as I just looked at your location on your avatar. (poke tongues)

On the boarder, 9kms as the crow flies from Springbrook.
Close to a creek when it is a creek, so to speak. (lol)

Wolf
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Wolf » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:27 pm

That would make it Glengarrie?
Are you overlooking Currumbin valley?
How far away from your house is the nearest water?
The mightiest oak was once a nut that stood his ground https://www.sasquatchstories.com

ChrisV
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by ChrisV » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:12 am

Good comments Welly..
The tree climbing thing is interesting. Maybe the fact as you stated that the house is raised that they need to investigate everything - from every angle! This would fit into so many other descriptions of how they circle objects of interest, sit for long periods of time observing and maybe - sitting in trees.
Could this mean that when we are walking around looking - maybe we should be looking up?

I agree. Your location must be kept under wraps. This balance your having could easily be disrupted by the slightest change - let alone a bunch of wanna be's with guns, cameras etc trying to capture glory.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Searcher
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Searcher » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:21 am

welly said
As the photo thing goes, yeah well it could happen I suppose, but maybe maybe not, maybe that was a chance in a million, What happens when a descent photo goes viral, do I have a thousand alpha macho hunters coming around trying to shoot or capture these "Hairy Ones". So they can have glory, or put them in a zoo, like every other living thing on this planet?
Bloody good point, Welly! Let’s look at a hypothetical case. What if you got that ‘money shot’, a video sequence to rival the Patterson/Gimlin film? What would happen then?
Almost certainly you will be no longer be able to remain anonymous. You would become famous…another Roger Patterson or Bob Gimlin. It would change your life forever. You and your family would be hounded by the media…TV, newspapers, radio and magazines from Australia and probably overseas. You could probably make some money from interviews and the rights to your footage. However, it would quickly be pirated and spread all over the internet.
The general public would become a painful nuisance, swarming over your property and others nearby. It would be bedlam and you will get sick of calling the cops and the cops will tire of you calling at all hours of the day and night. Then like YB, you might also quickly find out who your real friends are.
As Wolf has suggested, there is the real possibility of government agencies that answer to no one becoming involved. Who knows what the consequences would be if that happened.
In the meantime, I trust Ninja Girl is kept well away from the ‘family’ and not allowed to chase them.

Wolf
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Wolf » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:39 am

I wouldn't worry too much about it Welly.

If somehow you got that 'money shot' and posted it online it would only get ridiculed and called out as fake by enough critics and 'agent provocateurs' to be never taken seriously by the owned and controlled mainstream media.

You would never 'get rich' or 'famous' from it. Just look at Roger Patterson as an example. He barely made a living even though he captured the best and most convincing footage ever publicised widely.

As to Bob Gimlin (without whom Roger Patterson would never had gotten the footage) he never made a penny and spent most of his life being called a fraudster and liar (as did Patterson).
How about Freeman? Hardly anyone even IN the 'bigfoot community' knows who he is, let alone 'non-believers', yet he captured amazing footage.

The 'authorities' would not even need to hush it up. Today with high-end, realistic animation available for anyone with time on their hands (and a half-decent computer) no-one in the mainstream would believe the footage anyway.

Wolf
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Wolf » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:47 am

Searcher wrote:welly said
Bloody good point, Welly! Let’s look at a hypothetical case. What if you got that ‘money shot’, a video sequence to rival the Patterson/Gimlin film? What would happen then?
Almost certainly you will be no longer be able to remain anonymous. You would become famous…another Roger Patterson or Bob Gimlin. It would change your life forever. You and your family would be hounded by the media…TV, newspapers, radio and magazines from Australia and probably overseas. You could probably make some money from interviews and the rights to your footage. However, it would quickly be pirated and spread all over the internet.
The general public would become a painful nuisance, swarming over your property and others nearby. It would be bedlam and you will get sick of calling the cops and the cops will tire of you calling at all hours of the day and night. Then like YB, you might also quickly find out who your real friends are.
As Wolf has suggested, there is the real possibility of government agencies that answer to no one becoming involved. Who knows what the consequences would be if that happened.
In the meantime, I trust Ninja Girl is kept well away from the ‘family’ and not allowed to chase them.
I agree Searcher.

Personally, I would never publish anything even if I got the 'money shot', not just for the reasons I mentioned above, but more importantly, I believe it would be better for the species if humans as a whole remained ignorant of their existence.
Some would argue that people need to know so they don't get their heads pulled off. My response would be, there are too many humans anyway.
In saying that, even though I am 99.9% convinced the hairy hominids exist I would love to 'know' and experience them for myself, even if it meant being killed by one... you gotta die of something and at least I would then die knowing.

Yowie bait
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Yowie bait » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:48 pm

Yeah you guys are on the ball there. I doubt any photo would be taken seriously enough outside the bigfoot community while a hd video may be more accepted and harder to prove a fake.

Lets hope that someone with a concious gets that money shot and who understands the responsibility such a shot is to have in their possession. In saying that im sure that shot is out there somewhere and maybe a few of em that will never surface for the very reason we are discussing.
Yowie Bait

ChrisV
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by ChrisV » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:24 pm

YB - You know I think about that constantly.
How many pics are out there of Yowies - that are good shots but have not seen the light of day.
Surely someone somewhere has a shot thats above the rest...but I understand why people would hold onto such stuff...

wellymon

Unread post by wellymon » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:35 am

Hi All,

After my wife went and stood down by the log tonight, where the "Hairy One" was standing in front of.
I managed to get a better perspective of size, in relation to another height.

My personal opinion now has changed, that being, the height would easily be 6ft plus.

In the last couple of nights, the stick signs/structures have accelerated, by the house.
I even heard him/her snapping twigs, late last night.
Today we both found more. Busy little stick builder this one.

I find it hard to post photos on here, they always end up way too big (kill) .

Also found a photo tonight, which my wife had taken a few months ago.
She found some great stick structures down the road, wandered off snapping photos whilst having a very erie feeling that something was around.
Sure enough we zoomed past the structure and can make out a "Hairy One" trying to hide behind a skinny tree, out in the open.
Exactly the same colour as the one I seen on Friday.

Welly (detective)

Wolf
Long Time Contributor

Unread post by Wolf » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:14 am

How close are your neighbours?
Are they experiencing anything?

MW83
Bronze Status
Position: Crypto Enthusiast

Unread post by MW83 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:09 am

congrats Wellymon, you are very lucky indeed!

Before the memory fades, do you think should try to sketch what you saw ?

didgmaster
Position: Yowie Chaser

Unread post by didgmaster » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:58 pm

WELLY, well done mate ,

wellymon

Unread post by wellymon » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:37 am

didgmaster wrote:WELLY, well done mate ,
Thanks heaps Didge,

Thanks to meeting yourself and the aspiring the works of Rusty and Ray, that I've kept on believing.
So my sighting, was a big turn around for me. (claps hands)

Hope things are treating you well down those ways, maybe catch up soon. (thumb up)

Welly

didgmaster
Position: Yowie Chaser

Unread post by didgmaster » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:09 am

mate, when i seen your post i was so stoked for ya , was thinking about the first time we caught up and you told me everything that was happening i knew then that evenually you would have an encounter !! would love to catch up and hear first hand all about everything thats been happening , im up at Beechmont pretty much every second weekend now so let me know when your around and we can catch up for a beer ...

Cheers Welly,